. .
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Hi,
    the connection of the stepper motors is ok. Attached youīll find screenshots from my mach 3 config which should be as suggested. I think the problem comes from PIN 1 with the permanent voltage of -0,22 V.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OutputSignals.JPG 
Views:	4460 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	3278Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MotorOutputs.JPG 
Views:	5018 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	3277

Ok i checked you details against the manual located here www.lz4gv.com/CNC_files/3Axis_Driver_txt.pdf and it checks out correct so if all the wires are properly secured then it must be a problem on the board. I will assume you are using nema23 motors and the voltages for that motor are correct? they are wired for parallel operation?

Have you tried swapping the motors around to eliminate they are he problem? Check the bios on your pc and swap between ecp and epp if you can, some bios have these together or separate. If all this is ok the power up and switch on (not running any operation and check for voltage on the output pins of the board to the motors (A+). Which ever one is not working trace back to before the driver chip to the input pin and see if it is getting a supply. If not then the chance are it will just be one of the opto isolator IC's. You can confirm this by swapping it for one of the others. If they are ok then it will be one of the driver chips. I hope this gets you going in the right direction to sort it.

Paul
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Hi Paul,

thanks for the detailed answer. Can you do me a favour and check on your PIN 1 (X-Axis Step) the voltage you have ? I have permanent 0,22V. For Y Axis and Z Axis i have step Pin voltage of 0 V, when i move axis in MACH3, voltage changes to -0,02 V. So i asked myself if PIN 1 also should have 0 V when axis it not moved. Or is it normal that PIN 1 has permant voltage of 0,22V ?

Regards
    Andy

Andy

My board is different than yous as it uses the earlier TA chips, the set up is different but to answer the question i do not get voltage on that pin. A silly question though? you are using the original cable that come with it? as it is not the same as a printer cable.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Swarfing For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by masterploxis View Post
    Hello,

ok, thanks Y/Z Axis working. X not working. I figured out that i have permanent -0.22V out of PIN 1 (X-step). While for Y and Z i have 0 V and -0,02V when axis is moved. So does anybody knows why i have these -0.22V permanent output ? The DIR PIN for X axis is working - so only the PIN 1 is the problem. I checked in mach, an no other functions are related to PIN 1.

Thanks for any input - step by step t will work someday..

Regards from Germany
    Andy
    Did you get your X working as I have the same problem? also anyone notice the pin outs on the board for the steppers are different to the instruction sheet which is right?
    Last edited by gorbo; 12-11-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Hi,

yes now everything is working. I took a different computer and voila ! First i did use a Fujitsu Siemends Laptop - X Axis not working, now i use IBM Thinkpad - and everything is nearly fine. For Christmas holiday i want to get a cheap second hand desktop pc to get the full 5 V out of the parallel port.

Anyway - my x-axis is still sometimes losing steps. I donīt know if this is a general problem with this chinese board or if thereīs a mechanical problem. But each day my machine gets better...

Good luck
    Andy

Thanks for that MP I tried another PC with a built in LPT and It works, I previously used a PCI-E card which , was not giving a full output on X.
    One question I still have how do you wire up the Spindle relay? I have a 230vac Spindle............... again the instructions are vague

Hi Garbo,

so far i didnīt connect the spindle relay. I also have a 230v spindle - first i want to get my steppers running without losing steps. Then i will approach the spindle.

Cheers
    Andy

Same here I find its not a problem switching it on by hand, I have not experienced losing steps yet but I dare say I will

Hi all,

I recently got this TB6560 board from eBay as well. Are there any schematics of this board available?

Greetings,

Hermann

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information