. .
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Good Day All.

Has anyone here got or do you know anything about the TB6560 stepper motor driver boards that are being sold on eBay.

From the bad english in the ebay listings it looks like thease boards can run upto 36volts and upto 3amp stepper motors.

But detailed info is very limited.

I am just after your toughts on this item.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post
    Good Day All.

Has anyone here got or do you know anything about the TB6560 stepper motor driver boards that are being sold on eBay.

From the bad english in the ebay listings it looks like thease boards can run upto 36volts and upto 3amp stepper motors.

But detailed info is very limited.

I am just after your toughts on this item.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
    First thing to understanmd is never believe what suppliers say the capabilities of their boards are... read the datasheet for the chips and look at the construction.

Here we have 4 TB6560 devices sharing a single force cooled heatsink approx 30mm x 80mm x 10mm. That heatsink has a thermal resistance of about 6decC/watt and with the fan thats maybe improved to 4degC/watt (the airflow is pretty restricted). So each device is effectively fixed to a heatsink of 16degC/Watt (under worst case conditions - all axis functioning) or 12degC/W for 3-axis use.

Now look at the datasheet for the TB6560. Its allowed to run the junction at 150degC max before the thermal shutdown cuts in and the thermal resistance junction to case is 1.5degC/W. So adding that to the heatsink you have (3-axis) 12.5degC/W thermal resistance. So maximum dissipation at 25degC ambient is (150 - 25)/10.5 = 10W.

The power dissipation of the chip is approx 2 x On resistance x output current^2 = 2 x 0.4 x I^2 and this is maximum 10W so rearranging

I = sqrt(10/(2 x 0.4)) = sqrt(10/0.8) = 3.5A

So on the face of this this board can run 3A/phase steppers at full output on 3-Axis, and will probably be ok on 4-axis, but its pushing close to the thermal cutoff of the chip...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to irving2008 For This Useful Post:

4. I like this bit.

Suppliers Warranty:
    We offer one month warranty on all products purchased from us. If your item has any warranty issue please contact us for a satisfying solution.

Is that from delivery or dispatch?

5. I have ordered one of thease TB6560 boards back on the 27/10/2009, before I asked about them here.

I have no idea how long it is going to take to get from china to me with all the dam royal mail strikes on going.

The eBay ad says that it should only take upto 6-10 business days, but I will have to wait and see.

I went for the TB6560 over the TA8435H as it is ment to support upto 36volts, and the TA8435H can only support upto 24volts.

I am going to be using this board with my Astrosyn MY103H702 stepper motors.

I am looking at running 34volts to try and get as much speed out of the stepper motors as possible.

I will report back once I have got the board.

Lives in Devon, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 759. Received thanks 27 times, giving thanks to others 52 times.
    Hi

I'm interseted to see how you get on, I've been looking at them myself but put off by the fact its all on one board and max 36v.
    But £50 ish for 4 axis with opto sounds like my budget

7. Well the post and been and gone today, but no sign of my parcel yet.

Oh well it looks like I will not get unto next week now.

I have been reading the so called bad english manual for the driver board to work out what DIP Switch settings I am going to need.

I am only intrested in switches 1-4.

Switches 1-2 are for the current setting, 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%.

Is this a case of 3.00amps, 2.25amps, 1.50amps, 0.70amps, or does the board self sence the current and when at idle or hold, hold the current at said % of the stepper motors max current.

Next is Switchts 3-4 for the Buffer, the manual just has, Fast, 25%, 50%, Slow, so at a guess I need to set it to Fast.

Then the last two switches 5-6 are for the step modes, this I understand.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post
    Well the post and been and gone today, but no sign of my parcel yet.

Oh well it looks like I will not get unto next week now.

I have been reading the so called bad english manual for the driver board to work out what DIP Switch settings I am going to need.

I am only intrested in switches 1-4.

Switches 1-2 are for the current setting, 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%.

Is this a case of 3.00amps, 2.25amps, 1.50amps, 0.70amps, or does the board self sence the current and when at idle or hold, hold the current at said % of the stepper motors max current.

Next is Switchts 3-4 for the Buffer, the manual just has, Fast, 25%, 50%, Slow, so at a guess I need to set it to Fast.

Then the last two switches 5-6 are for the step modes, this I understand.
    If you look at the datasheet here , pages 9 and 10 you will see that switches 1-2 are the torque current settings relative to maximum current(default 100%) and switches 3-4 are the Decay Modes (default I suspect should be fast). The max current is actually set by the big resistors on the board, but its hard to tell what colour the stripes are, should be Brown, green, silver, silver which is 0.15ohm for 3.3A.

9. irving2008: Thanks for your reply, I have just been hunting around the net to see if I can find better pictures.

So far all I have been about to find are thease two pictures.

To me it looks like the current sence resistors are, Brown, Brown, Silver, Gold, 0.11ohm 5%.
    If that is right we are looking at 4.5A.
    Last edited by Mad Professor; 06-11-2009 at 06:45 PM.

10. Well the board has just this sec turned up.

I was worng about the current sence resistors, they are infact, Orange, Orange, Silver, Gold, 0.33ohm 5%, so thats a current limit of 1.51amps.

I have not done any testing yet, so I will report back with how I get on.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post
    Well the board has just this sec turned up.

I was worng about the current sence resistors, they are infact, Orange, Orange, Silver, Gold, 0.33ohm 5%, so thats a current limit of 1.51amps.

I have not done any testing yet, so I will report back with how I get on.
    That makes little sense... probably worth measuring them. Look forward to hearing your verdict....

How long did they take to arrive in the end?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information