. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi this was set at 2, I've tried both 0 & 1 still no joy

deleted
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Rather than playing with settings - following the logic that this was configured by OEM, it might be worthwhile investigating the behaviour of the VFD/motor with all settings as default. You can change the display on the VFD - currently showing the internal DC voltage, which is largely irrelevant, press the FUNC/DATA button until you display "n....." - that's the frequency of the output signal. Confirm that the rotary pot allows you to operate this away from zero. If it stays at zero, that's a big clue. If you can adjust it between 0 and (likely) 24000 and the motor doesn't turn, that's another (more sinister) clue.

Test and let us know.

Hi Doddy,

Thanks, I pressed the run button on the VFD then went to the "n" using func/data button the "run" led lights up but when I turn the pot it just stays at 0 and spindle doesn't run

Okay, so F0.03 is defaulted to '0'?, so that's keyboard input. What happens if you Press RUN then press the UP (/DOWN) buttons - that *should* change the speed setting and the motor RPM. Report back.

You *could* (later) change F0.03 to 1, I would expect (guess) that would then allow the rotary pot to control the spindle speed.

EDIT:

Until you can get the VFD to indicate a speed other than 0, then trying to diagnose the spindle behaviour is a bit of guesswork

Ok I've tried your suggestion, I'm now getting an E004 error message I have put all the settings back to their original settings and still has an E004 error

So. With all settings as delivered, you've pressed RUN, then pressed UP, and at that point you get the E004? (it's important to understand the sequence here... the E004 is presented when the motor is first commanded to accelerate to speed?)

You've examined the manual - page 75?

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    and please consult us if the user wants the inverter to drive the permanent magnetic synchronized motor.
    Ah, sorry, I interpreted this as meaning you needed a different inverter. God luck with getting it working. Plenty of us use these 2.2KW water cooled spindles and are very happy with the results.
    Last edited by Kitwn; 30-05-2020 at 02:12 PM.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

As soon as I press run the VFD trips and E004 flashes up, I had a look at page 75 however it doesn't really mean much to me not being an electrician, the wiring all looks fine including the connections, I've tested the spindle with an ohm meter on its own and also with the cables attached for a short to ground as well as an open or short on the U,V & W all of which appears to be ok, I've increased the acceleration time to 15 and 20s still the same error

From what I'm seeing the VFD model you have is designed for three phase to three phase... The R, S, T terminals are for three phase, if it were designed for single phase input it would have L and N.

Marsha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information