. .
    Hi, I have a problem which I hope someone can help me with. I had to move my cnc machine, after the move one of the axis stopped working. I replaced the aircraft connector, but still know joy. I replaced the stepper driver for a DM860A unit, still no joy. But now instead of having all green lights on the drivers, I now have the following. Two green leds, and the new driver a flashing red led. There is no drive from the DM860A. If I swap out the output block from a working driver, I still get know drive and the original working driver stops working also. I have rad that a flashing led means over voltage or over current. But I have know idea how to fault find this. Can anyone please help. Thanks

Ok well it depends on the manufacturer to what the lights mean and there are so many copies of the DM drives it's hard to know. The original Lead shine DM drives use 3s time periods. So if red light flashes 1 x in 3s=over current protection. 2 x in 3s = Over voltage protection. 4 x in 3s= phase error (wired wrong)

So count the muber of flashes in that tme period. Also post some good pics of how you have it wired.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Have you used a multimeter to check the wires?

Check the resistance between pairs of wires.

Depends on how many wires your steppers have as to what exactly you should see.

Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    Hi, I have a problem which I hope someone can help me with. I had to move my cnc machine, after the move one of the axis stopped working. I replaced the aircraft connector, but still know joy. I replaced the stepper driver for a DM860A unit, still no joy. But now instead of having all green lights on the drivers, I now have the following. Two green leds, and the new driver a flashing red led. There is no drive from the DM860A. If I swap out the output block from a working driver, I still get know drive and the original working driver stops working also. I have rad that a flashing led means over voltage or over current. But I have know idea how to fault find this. Can anyone please help. Thanks
    A little late but there is nothing on the web about this error from countless hours of google'ing and I figured I'd post to help anyone else that may come across this error. I myself have just come across this error on my setup and what I've found is that it seems to be in a standby or "awaiting connection" mode.

After hours of repeated failure, I unplugged the step/dir jumpers from the board side while everything was still fully powered. Well, wouldn't you know it, the damn thing stopped blinking! Plugged step/dir back in while still fully powered and got the solid green led finally. I tested it immediately after and the drive ran perfectly as normal. Powering down the drives brings us back to square one requiring you to unplug/replug but at least the "fix" is repeatable.

So, my quick solution will be an momentary interrupt circuit of some sort to interrupt the step/dir signal on power up of the driver psu allowing me to maintain my emergency shutoff switch. Or, extend the driver led's to the exterior of the case and use momentary micro switches to "reset" the signal.

Take care and hope this helps someone.

Thread Information