. .

Thread: Newbie

Hi ,I am totally confused at the vast array out there and would really appreciate some guidance on what machine to go for, i am looking to remove restrictors from inside inkjet cartridges ideally say 50 units at a time , so mainly plastic work and occasionally, aluminium , the depth inside the cart is apx 30mm , would also like to do some engraving , so probably a router type machine ,.
    Have been looking at the Heiz z S400 and the T400 but dont know if this is overkill for my requirements

Any guidance greatly appreciated

Mike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200609_211236.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	28344   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200609_211257.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	28345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200609_211454.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	308.8 KB 
ID:	28346  

Hi Mike,

You nearly slipped through the net there, didn't see this post.

Ok well, your requirements are not too taxing for any machine really if it's mostly plastics, aluminum, and engraving thou are slightly different.
    Aluminum cutting requires a strong machine because of the higher cutting forces involved. Engraving requires a Stiff and accurate machine because of the tiny, tiny moves often involved, vibrations or any slop from the machine will affect the quality of work and life of tools.

Obviously to what degree depends on the quality of work you want to produce.? You'll see lots of cheap machines cutting aluminum and engraving on Youtube but very few tell or show the real truth. Which is the Finish is often poor, tool life is short, cycle times are massive because they have to go slow to compensate for the weak sloppy machine. They also don't tell you how it affects the machine and how it knocks seven bells out of them or the constant tweaking they have to do to keep it running.!

My advice is that if you want an all-round machine that can do most things in materials up to Aluminium and to a decent standard then don't buy a cheap machine like the Shapeko, work bee's or cheap Chinese offerings etc. The Heiz Z range are ok-ish but well overpriced IMO.
    Unfortunately, I can't recommend any good ones at the lower price ranges and normally I would advise that you build your own or get one built by someone else like my self if you want a good machine. ( That's not me touting for work, it's just a fact, I don't need the work.)
    This way you'll get a good machine at a fair price and if you build it your self you'll know it intimately plus build it to your exact requirements and budget.!

If not then you are entering a minefield of rubbish and rip off merchants, or be prepared to spend more £££ and go with more reputable companies who won't necessarily give you a better machine but should give you better service. (But not always.!!)

Regards holding 50 cartridges then you'll really need to make a fixture Jig to hold them easily and quickly so you might want to give that some thought.!! . . It will probably take you longer to load them than it will to cut them..Lol
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

HI Jazz, thankyou for the feedback,

I appreciate your honest opinion, always prefer speaking to engineers rather than salesman get the proper lowdown, are you in a position to offer a decent machine at present , or failing that could you point me in the right direction for assembling my own , I would like a solid machine that can do what I need as previously mentioned , I have an electronics background so that side is fairly straight forward, its the mechanicals im unsure of

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have the broader question - Why do you wish to remove the restrictors?

Cheers,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Hi Mike,

I have the broader question - Why do you wish to remove the restrictors?

Cheers,

Rob
    I'd take a guess it's because he doesn't want any restrictions....

Hi Mike, not at the moment but if your in no rush then I might be able to help. I'll PM you my numbers give me a ring and I'll explain better.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I'd take a guess it's because he doesn't want any restrictions....
    Oh! I thought it might be something to do with ink continence.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Oh! I thought it might be something to do with ink continence.
    He might be a pigment farmer.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Thread Information