. .
    Lives in Mansfield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-05-2021 Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 26. Received thanks 3 times, giving thanks to others 22 times.
    Not quite CNC but I have a Tom Senior Major Mk2 ELT with a Mitutoyo PM-32L 2 axis DRO unit that I need to get going.
    I saw the unit working when I bought the mill but by the time it had been transported and installed one of the channels had stopped working.In trying to find out where the problem was, the other channel has also stopped working. I suspect the cables from the readouts to the DRO may have been strained as the DRO itself lights up and beeps if the wrong button is presses, it also changes from metric to imperial but no figures appear on the displays.
    It's not really a big deal but I hate to see things that don't work.
    Any help or (almost) any suggestions would be most welcome.
    Thanks, Brian

Lives in Mansfield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-05-2021 Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 26. Received thanks 3 times, giving thanks to others 22 times.
    Problem solved! Many thanks to someone on the Model Engineer site for suggesting that I try Goodwin Technology for the repair of my Mitutoyo DRO system.

I got in touch with Darren Goodwin who suggested that I sent the DRO and scales to him for examination and possible repair. He said that the maximum charge for any repair was £125 plus VAT and £15 plus VAT for carriage back to me.

My DRO was returned after being repaired for a total price, inc carriage and VAT of £72.00, which beats the £400 or so that a new system would have cost.

I've not used Goodwin before but they will certainly be top of the list in future.

Brian

Thread Information