. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3940863

It's got linear rails, so it must be perfect for machining aluminium?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jte3kDz1xTw
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

I know your post is a little tongue-in-cheek, but this is probably as useful as the flimsier 3020 toys. Might even have a sensible use for e.g. PCB drilling/routing.

I'd hate to think of the filament costs, and print time. I'd be interested in how long it can operate before the prints delaminate.

It's one of those "I did this because I can" projects.

I thought the video that started automatically after the one you linked to, called "5 Achs fräsen auf der Hobbymaschine leicht gemacht" about a much more substantial machine was way more interesting.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    It's one of those "I did this because I can" projects.

I thought the video that started automatically after the one you linked to, called "5 Achs fräsen auf der Hobbymaschine leicht gemacht" about a much more substantial machine was way more interesting.

Kit
    You're admitting to the targetted You-Tube "you might also like..." videos. My autoplay was for a AvE strip-down of a glovebox-sized chain hoist(!)

Now ain't that a Dinky little thing. . . . Keeps him off the streets and spreading Covid I suppose.!.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

6. Haha, I bet he started printing that at the same time as I started by build log!

I don't mean to be sarcastic about the plastic but that took some time to print!!!!!!!!!!. Scale it up to 8x4 for the 2094 maker fest. It would be fine for a retro fitted pick and place machine but thats about it.

Actually I quite liked that ! Although towards the end I started looking at the one-piece gantry thinking that would make a nice pattern for a cast iron version !

Also, I keep meaning to get around to watching Ave's glovebox-sized chain hoist that YouTube keeps pushing my way.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Actually I quite liked that ! Although towards the end I started looking at the one-piece gantry thinking that would make a nice pattern for a cast iron version !
    I have 3D printed patterns for casting using sand moulding. You have to print them 100% fill otherwise the ramming of the sand breaks them (maybe not on the first cast).

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    I have 3D printed patterns for casting using sand moulding. You have to print them 100% fill otherwise the ramming of the sand breaks them (maybe not on the first cast).
    Do you use the lost PLA method as per Myfordboy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVgPM1ojyLw
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information