. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in Ballycastle, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19-06-2020 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 5.
    Hi, completwly new to cnc, built this little table last week, have a few cuts done. One here to see your projexts and hopefully some info on torch height control, which one to gp for. And z axis zeroing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200616_182726-min.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	317.0 KB 
ID:	28387
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200616_182705.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	531.2 KB 
ID:	28388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200612_134234-min.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	291.4 KB 
ID:	28389

Looks great Joey.. First time building a cnc? It's a very good looking build for a first time attempt....!

Lives in Ballycastle, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19-06-2020 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    Looks great Joey.. First time building a cnc? It's a very good looking build for a first time attempt....!
    cheers, yes had never used one till i built it. Im pretty happy but think i need THC of some kind, are you also Irish?

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    cheers, yes had never used one till i built it. Im pretty happy but think i need THC of some kind, are you also Irish?
    I control mine with a linuxcnc and a mesa 7i96 + mesa THC-10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0s6sI7IvuY
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hey Joey. Yes I'm Irish. Based in Co Meath.

Have a look here for the THC. https://www.pricecnc.com/product-page

I plan to eventually get one of these when my machine is finished.

Hey Joey, a few of us from the island getting on here now. Machine looks great!

Another option for THC maybe, I hear folk have good luck with Proma Compact THC with Linuxcnc, seems to be a cheap option but requires some HV wiring I believe. I know the Pricecnc one is good for Mach (RTech plasma use it on their tables)

I've never built a plasma table though, that's pretty high on the want list.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I control mine with a linuxcnc and a mesa 7i96 + mesa THC-10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0s6sI7IvuY
    I didn't realise Mesa did a THC, that sounds like they way I'd go too. I love linuxcnc. Your table size looks ideal for what I'd be looking to build too (4x2?). Do you have a build thread for this Clive? I'd be very keen to have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Evengravy View Post
    I didn't realise Mesa did a THC, that sounds like they way I'd go too. I love linuxcnc. Your table size looks ideal for what I'd be looking to build too (4x2?). Do you have a build thread for this Clive? I'd be very keen to have a look.
    No I did it on the fly to keep my old brain active but if you want a laugh see this https://photos.app.goo.gl/aNJ4dyT46fmWJ2Jy8
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Hi, completwly new to cnc, built this little table last week, have a few cuts done. One here to see your projexts and hopefully some info on torch height control, which one to gp for. And z axis zeroing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200616_182726-min.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	317.0 KB 
ID:	28387
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200616_182705.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	531.2 KB 
ID:	28388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200612_134234-min.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	291.4 KB 
ID:	28389
    Hello Joey,

Nice cnc!

Could not help to spot the ae86..

Good stuff

Grtz Bert

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk

My table is 2700mmx1400mm. Yeah its my firsh attempt. Im running mach3 however i have read that linuxcnc and mach4 can control THC using the divided plasma voltage as an input to the board as opposed to running a separate THC unit. This would be a slicker solution i believe? Who has done it that way? What breakout board would best suit this solution? Yeah i love the AE86 haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information