. .
    Hi folks, I realize most users are in the UK and I'm located in the US, but thought I would enquire if anyone has had serious shipping problems with Stepperonline based out of China. I've been held up on completing a CNC build waiting on a paid for order for electronics now for almost 2 months and can't seem to get an Uhmmm Honest answer. I realize we are facing a serious Global issues at this time but there seems to be something more at play here. Sound familiar to anyone?

Much appreciated!

Never had an issue getting stuff from China. However I haven't ordered from there while the pandemic is going on for obvious reasons.
    I've been paying premium for the overpriced crap the u.k. has to offer
    I'm surprised that being in America you didn't order from Automation technology for the moment.
    https://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/

After that amount of time I'd be pushing for a refund and going to AT instead.

Guess I lost my first reply somehow - Dazp1976 you are exactly correct. I found Auto Tech., during my frustration period a couple weeks ago during the "China Syndrome" debacle in shipping. My purchase was based on a recommendation and I sorely regret it. I'm completing a machine that will be open source and I ordered a 439 oz.in. kit from China (NEMA 24) to save a few bucks. Big mistake and will never be repeated. Frankly, they have blatantly lied to me over the course of almost 2 months - stopping me in my tracks from moving forward....lesson learned. Would attach a photo of the prototype but can't seem the find the attach button...

Guess I needed to Go advanced for an attachment....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0617201325.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	204.8 KB 
ID:	28409  

When it comes to nema23 motors the AutoTech 570/oz/in 5A steppers are the ones to get.
    Fed with 60Vdc of power afaic they're the best out there in the 400+ torque range.

I've tried various kits on my mills and there is always something in there that is lacking.
    All the motors on my PM25 (23's & 34) and the controller board have been changed for something better with the psu's and drivers from a 34 kit.

I'll prefer to go seperates from now on.

I used stepperonline no issues but pre Corona which has broken delivery from China.

Right now some stuff comes quickly and some stuff takes forever.

Took 5 months for 1 item I ordered, I ordered similar item last year same seller took 14 days.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

5 months - Wow, that's a tough pill to swallow! I think the situation will only get worse in the future at least in the US with politics and import restrictions effective July 1st. I finally received a REAL notification from UPS that I should have my order on 6/23.
    With the Global shippings issues these days I suspect new opportunities for smaller Mom and Pop companies closer to home will increase.
    Competition is always a good thing! Appreciate your reply - take care!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sputnik57 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57 View Post
    5 months - Wow, that's a tough pill to swallow! I think the situation will only get worse in the future at least in the US with politics and import restrictions effective July 1st. I finally received a REAL notification from UPS that I should have my order on 6/23.
    With the Global shippings issues these days I suspect new opportunities for smaller Mom and Pop companies closer to home will increase.
    I wonder how the new restrictions apply to Taiwan?
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57 View Post
    I ordered it December 29th
    December 31st Corona Virus started properly

That wasn't from Stepperonline but I think everyone got screwed

I did also order some hiwin green caps in Feb for the rails and they came in 2 weeks but envelope size came airmail.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 19-06-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Thread Information