. .
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Help please; Somewhere in UK there is either a blacklisted server or a broken link to my website www.cnc.me.uk

This is not a request for loads of visitors but I would appreciate if you can look to see if you can access my site, if you can please email me roger.hampson@(antispam)btconnect.com (remove antispam) giving your isp and county, I do not want to know who you are.
    but more importantly I need to know if you cannot see my site as I can use this information to blast my isp into doing something about it.

Please uk only

Dear moderator, this is a genuine request, I apologize if it is in the wrong place or if it is against the rules, but I cannot see my own site, and I cannot do anything about it unless I can draw a map showing blackout spots
    Last edited by irving2008; 04-11-2009 at 10:12 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by cncezee View Post
    Help please; Somewhere in UK there is either a blacklisted server or a broken link to my website www.cnc.me.uk

This is not a request for loads of visitors but I would appreciate if you can look to see if you can access my site, if you can please email me roger.hampson@(antispam)btconnect.com giving your isp and county, I do not want to know who you are.
    but more importantly I need to know if you cannot see my site as I can use this information to blast my isp into doing something about it.

Please uk only

Dear moderator, this is a genuine request, I apologize if it is in the wrong place or if it is against the rules, but I cannot see my own site, and I cannot do anything about it unless I can draw a map showing blackout spots

Well I can see it OK... but then I'd be surprised if i can't.

What do you mean by 'I cant see my own site'?

BTW I have edited your post to 'antispam' your email address

3. Sorry why would you be supprised not to see it??
    Oh and Thanks for editing it

If i try to view my own site it times out i have tried several places with differand internet connections but it still times out, my freind 20 miles up the road has no problem accessing iti can ftp it but i cannot see it, it is not fire wall this end as i can see the rest of the world, just not my site, i do not want to movas it is hoasted for free

Cheers roger
    Last edited by cncezee; 04-11-2009 at 10:19 PM.

I have no problems accessing it from Surrey, and also from a hosted machine I have in London.

Are you running it on your ADSL line? I've done a reverse DNS lookup, and it would appear so, but I'm not sure what the Virgin Media naming scheme is...

5. Sorry i do not know what line connection is being used but it fast enough for his business, ping reply is switched off at his server

Are you trying to access the site from the same location as you (i.e. is it in the same building)?

Or are you somewhere else?

Just seen your edit.

On my office machine, it did seem to have a fair delay between requesting the page and getting a response, but that's using a leased line, and I don't think there's anything special going on there. (I could do a TCP level packet inspection, but I don't think that'll tell me anything useful [from your perspective]).

7. Hi Tribbles who is your isp??

8. No the server is in west swindon i am about 4 miles away, it is looking like it is a fault with our major uk telephone company

9. Works fine from here in bournemouth.
    I am on Virgin cable.
    What is your service provider? have you tried to view it as the IP address in your browser?

My home ISP is Zen; office is Pipex (I believe); hosted server in London is Bytemark.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information