. .
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. i am using bill gates int 7

2. sorry i have gone

Lol, madness !

The thread can stay, ill just move it to the Computers and networking section.

Virgin Cable here also and yes the site is working for me, i have also visted the site from one of my servers in london and no problem.

Sounds like a HOP issue, can you view your own site now ? Would you like me to host you ?

Lee

Did any answers to this come up as I have a similar problem with 2 sites I have hosted.
    I also cannot see lathes.co.uk which is on the same server as my 2 ( 213.171.218.?)
    My isp is BT as well but they are as good as the hosting site. Some days I can get the sites OK but most times zilch.

If it dosent improve I will look for a more reliable hosting site.

peter

5. Quote Originally Posted by ptjw7uk View Post
    Did any answers to this come up as I have a similar problem with 2 sites I have hosted.
    I also cannot see lathes.co.uk which is on the same server as my 2 ( 213.171.218.?)
    My isp is BT as well but they are as good as the hosting site. Some days I can get the sites OK but most times zilch.

If it dosent improve I will look for a more reliable hosting site.

peter
    It is vey unlikely to be the hosting site thats the problem. Almost always it is either the DNS entries or the routing.

Check DNS by using Nslookup as discussed above. If that seems ok, can you access the site via its IP address? if so then there is something wrong with the DNS your local ISP is using... remember it can take 48hours or more for changes to become live on a DNS.

If you know the actual IP address try doing a trace route (tracert ipaddress) from a command prompt. This should tell you how many hops its taking to get to the site and whether there are timeouts on the way. If you run that several times and you get different routes it may be that there is a network configuration/maintenance activity going on.

The other thing to note is that a traceroute to 213.171.218.64 ends in a server at livedns.co.uk which is not the server that the website is running on, but a dynamic link to it that allows the website to be hosted on servers who's IP address changes regularly (usually needed if you run a website from home and dont have a static IP address). If your browser's DNS settings dont check the DNS every time you access the page, it wont find the site if its moved. Clearing the DNS cache (from a command prompt type "ipconfig /flushdns") may show this to be the case.

regards...

I have tried all that flushed everything that can be flushed reset them all as well.
    Both my sites end at 213.171.218.114 which is then end for 100,s of sites. Pinging always gives a positive result , tracert does not show any timeout. If I allow explorer to try and find the fault it always gives the attached message. Tried to search for answers but to no avail.
    What riles me the most is that some days it can connect with no problems at all. I am even considering hosting my own web sites.

Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	1133  
    Last edited by ptjw7uk; 12-11-2009 at 10:45 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ptjw7uk View Post
    I have tried all that flushed everything that can be flushed reset them all as well.
    Both my sites end at 213.171.218.114 which is then end for 100,s of sites. Pinging always gives a positive result , tracert does not show any timeout. If I allow explorer to try and find the fault it always gives the attached message. Tried to search for answers but to no avail.
    What riles me the most is that some days it can connect with no problems at all. I am even considering hosting my own web sites.

Peter
    I'm assuming www.woodlanebicc.co.uk is one of them... I can see that no problem at all... Indeed I have never had a problem getting to lathes.co.uk either.

I would still argue that the issue isnt the host but the routing to it or the ISP...

8. Well thanks everyone for your help and advice, but after a long and at times heated call to BT all is now working i can see my own site and now i can add some photos that are a bit over due

Roger

cncezee did Bt give any explanation as to your problems as I would like to get them to fix my problems.

I have never got my head around the days when I get instant access to my web site and not other days when I have never done nowt at my end.

peter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information