. .

Thread: VFD Wiring

I need to attach a G540 Multi Axis Digital Stepper Drive to a HY01D523B 1.5 Kw VFD but am stumped trying to work
    out where the wires attach to my VFD. The first wiring panel is from my VFD. The second one is from a correctly wired
    VFD. What I need to know is which connection is the same in each image. I am assuming 10V = 10 V IN, FOR =
    FWD, but I have no ideal what DCM, ACM and V1 match up with. Too many dollars involved to just guess. Sincerely
    appreciate someone joining the lines for me.

VFD Label.pdf

I've got the 2.2KW version of the same drive, which is exactly what many people on this forum have as well. Have you got the handbook for it?

However, having looked at your diagram I'm just as confused as you are. Mine matches the lower diagram.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

These are the connections. You will also need to set some parameters in the VFD, if the VFD as got a potentiometer on the front then you may need to change the jumper on the side from VR to VI but this can depend on the model, some have it, some don't.
    You will also need to setup your controllers spindle setup and outputs for it to work.

Speed control
    G540 pin7 = ACM
    Pin8 = VI
    Pin9 = +10

On/Off

You will need a relay for this and it can be controlled using an Output. I will use Output 1 in this example but it could be any you want.

G540 pin5 = Relay 0v side of coil. The positive +V side goes directly to the DC PSU your using. The PSU and G540 must share the same GND.
    Then run wire from DCM on the VFD thru the relay contact and back to FOR on VFD.

After you have set the VFD parameters and your control software Spindle setup then you should be good to go.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    I've got the 2.2KW version of the same drive, which is exactly what many people on this forum have as well. Have you got the handbook for it?

However, having looked at your diagram I'm just as confused as you are. Mine matches the lower diagram.

Kit
    My manual gives my model number, but shows the diagram that matches yours, hence my dilemma. I am still searching. Thanks.

Thank you for your informative reply. I will be following your advice. Norman

Thread Information