. .

Thread: New to CNC - UK

Lives in Cambridge, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12-02-2021 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 1.
    Hi all,

Stumbled across your forum whilst scouring the internet for suggestions on buying/building a CNC router and thought I'd sign up and see if I might be able to pick your brains !

I'm based in the UK, East Anglia - Enjoy wood working and looking to get a CNC Router. Beyond that I'm totally stumped on *what* I need, seems to be a lot of copy-cat far-east rubbish available, some fairly expensive too. Second hand ones look like a bit of a minefield if you've no idea what you're looking for/doing *cough*

I'd rather have something smaller (bed wise) that's more accurate/capable and can hopefully be upgraded in the future if a larger bed is needed. Guess the smallest size I'd be after is 500x500mm up to maybe 750x1000mm (and after a 3 axis, but depth of cut isn't hugely important for my plans ~25mm would do, more would be welcomed.

So, with that in mind, don't suppose anyone has suggestions on an off the shelf rig and/or links to reading material for a DIY build and where to start? I'm fairly handy, but no welder/experiance... so would end up being bolted etc. (but plenty of tools to cut metal and tap etc)

Thanks for reading and any thoughts, hope everyone is keeping well in lockdown!

Rgds

Sean

hi Sean. I would start by having a look at the build logs, specifically the ones with aluminium profile builds. These are usually bolt together builds with no welding so would be right up your street.

Thread Information