. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all. I need a 6 pin connector for this board. Could any one give e me a link to where I can buy one in the uk. Plenty from China but I could do with one soon. Thanks allClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200708_201718.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	28554

For these Arduino type boards, I often use individual connector pins and super glue them together.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thanks dean. Have you got a link to any by any chance

Look at Dupont connector shells and crimps.

If you want a generic loom making up and don't want to shell out for the crimping tool I'm happy to post one out if you give me details of what you need. PM if you want.

Edit: am I going senile or have you chopped that board in two?
    Last edited by Doddy; 08-07-2020 at 11:19 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

I'm pretty sure Molex also do some that will mate with that header.

How thick are the pins?
    Maybe these will fit. Either:
    Lipo balance cable 5s (JST-XH).
    Or a few 2 pin JST type.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    How thick are the pins?
    Maybe these will fit. Either:
    Lipo balance cable 5s (JST-XH).
    Or a few 2 pin JST type.
    XH are 2.5mm pitch - the Duponts are 2.54mm

As Jazz says, grab a bunch of Arduino patch cables and glue them if you want something off the shelf. Or PM.

Edit: JST-RE might fit - they are similar to the Dupont.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    XH are 2.5mm pitch - the Duponts are 2.54mm

As Jazz says, grab a bunch of Arduino patch cables and glue them if you want something off the shelf. Or PM.

Edit: JST-RE might fit - they are similar to the Dupont.
    This is 2.54:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/POPESQ%C2%A.../dp/B06XZV75YW

Or this type:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/POPESQ%C2%A...puters&sr=1-63
    Last edited by dazp1976; 09-07-2020 at 01:07 AM.

If you can find an Arduino header, often supplied unsoldered with some Arduino boards, you can bodge a connector together in a hurry. Tin the pins, solder on the wires and put heatshrink sleeving on each one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uno-headers-arduino.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	329.6 KB 
ID:	28555
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Those linked by Kitwn are compatible.

If OP wants a quick solution, rather than buying an uncompatible connector, another altogether better solution if you don't necessarily need to mate/unmate the relay board is to (easily) slide the black shroud of the connector on the relay board up on the pins (they are friction fit - not bonded) to remove the plastic from the 6 pins, then its an easy job to hold each pin one at a time an reflow the solder on the pad on the board. Decent temperature - you'll remove the pin in a second or two and you can clean the pad, then wire direct to board. It's not great, but these Dupont (or, more correctly mini-PV) connectors aren't brilliant since there's no mechanical retention of the mated connector beyond the sprung friction mechanism within the socket terminal.

If OP would prefer one of the alternative connectors - my advice would be to remove the Dupont (as above) and fit the corresponding, compatible plug. Not a bad idea if you want a more robust mechanism. That first one that DazP linked is a Molex KK-254 series - nice range of connectors with a strong mechanical retention mechanism - much superior to the Duponts. But don't mix-and-match - take my 50 life-years of experience of bad decisions on that one.

Edit: I've been to the shed - I hold consumable levels of KK-254s and Duponts - in fairness I can slide a Dupont socket down a KK-254 - and looking at the datasheets they each have a 0.64mm square pin, so actually not as bad as I make out above. The Molex pins are longer but are retained by the spring clips. But if you're ordering from Amazon just buy a Dupont jumper set to begin with.
    Last edited by Doddy; 09-07-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information