. .
    Sometime next year I'm retiring from the this tropical heat to Tasmania, somewhere near the Devonport, Latrobe, Port Sorell area. Do we have any members in that neck of the woods I could share a packet of Hobnobs with?

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

I think we all need to give Lee a good kickin' :-) to code up some wonderful Google-Maps integration with the forum.

It wouldn't be terribly difficult to crawl the members pages by incrementing the user ID in the URL and extracting a list of users, countries, and cities... although something tells me that's verging on stalking :)

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    I think we all need to give Lee a good kickin' :-) to code up some wonderful Google-Maps integration with the forum.
    If I didn't know you were kidding I'd chastise you greatly for impuning our wonderful lord and master.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    It wouldn't be terribly difficult to crawl the members pages by incrementing the user ID in the URL and extracting a list of users, countries, and cities... although something tells me that's verging on stalking :)
    You're probably right but it's a lot more fun to just ask the question and see who pops out of the woodwork.

Not too many N Tasmanians reading this at the moment. They're all too busy buying up all the houses we like the look of!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    If I didn't know you were kidding I'd chastise you greatly for impuning our wonderful lord and master.
    Kidding?, oh, yeah,.. kidding. :)

In all seriousness sometimes when someone first-posts here and clearly don't have any real footing the first thing I do is check where they live - I'd rather drive 50 miles for a chin-wag than cunningly craft a reply such that it can be misinterpreted a hundred different ways. A map could be useful.

Thread Information