. .
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    If you don't want to shell out for a new post processor and you aren't so deeply immersed in an existing CAD/CAM system and control software then might I suggest you take a look at LinuxCNC?I believe Fusion has a post processor that will work with it and I know that Freecad does because thats what I use.I have to admit that I have seen Vectric software and it definitely goes it's own way with terminology and general approach.It does work and it isn't hugely expensive,but either Fusion or Freecad will do the job at zero cost.

Quote Originally Posted by routerdriver View Post
    If you don't want to shell out for a new post processor and you aren't so deeply immersed in an existing CAD/CAM system and control software then might I suggest you take a look at LinuxCNC?I believe Fusion has a post processor that will work with it and I know that Freecad does because thats what I use.I have to admit that I have seen Vectric software and it definitely goes it's own way with terminology and general approach.It does work and it isn't hugely expensive,but either Fusion or Freecad will do the job at zero cost.
    Interesting... I'm not familiar with LinuxCNC… does that need a controller swap out etc or are you saying it will run through my existing one?

Quote Originally Posted by BEACHBLANKET View Post
    Interesting... I'm not familiar with LinuxCNC… does that need a controller swap out etc or are you saying it will run through my existing one?
    To vastly over simplify,It will run all sorts of machines once you have explained to it how many steps/unit of travel.For my hobby machine,on steppers,it was mostly a case of finding out how quickly the computer that runs the machine could churn out pulses,estimating an acceleration rate and determining the number of steps per rotation of the ballscrew and thus from the pitch,the steps/mm.There is a forum abundantly populated by experts at https://forum.linuxcnc.org/.They will be better able to answer specific points.You can download it and run it live from a DVD or a memory stick before committing to an installation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to routerdriver For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information