. .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Still cant install UCCNC despite trying various settings
    Will see if CNCdrive can offer a solution.
    WRT The erratics I was about to change cables anyway . Will fit new screened cable and and ensure screen is well earthed and then see if any difference. Changing the controller frequency did not seem to help sadly.
    Any other suggestions would still be welcomed though.

Much as I appreciate your advice doddy , you could be talking chinese as far as I am concerned .
    Can you expand a little on the process (preferably in words of one syllable) for those who( like me) are IT challenged

Quote Originally Posted by John11668 View Post
    Much as I appreciate your advice doddy , you could be talking chinese as far as I am concerned .
    Can you expand a little on the process (preferably in words of one syllable) for those who( like me) are IT challenged
    Apologies.

I'm largely guessing here but, whilst Jazz is correct that JIT is an acronym of Just-In-Time, this technology is frequently and commonly associated with the Java JIT compiler. Java, being a programming language and development environment common for cross-platform development.

Because you mentioned you was getting run-time exceptions that referenced the JIT debugger, it's one possibility - and just that - of an issue wrt to the installed version of Java on your Win10 machine. Just a possibility, not a hard diagnostic.To this end if you go to Oracle's site (Oracle bought out Sun Microsystems, who developed Oracle), then you can download the latest and greatest version of Java. See here

This is just an idea - for the reason given above, and that I, and you also, have already got UCCNC working on other machines without problem.

I'd also suggest giving the full details on the UCCNC forums - they are active.

That's the forth person I've seen that's been having problems and been using a UC100.
    That thing really seems like fitting a band aid that was quickly bought out when PC's started removing the parallel port.
    Connector converters have never been very reliable.

Dump the junk and get a UC300 or 400ETH, a couple of cables and bob's. Save yourself hassle.

This is the way I'd go in the future when I eventually need more pins. UCCNC / Servo spindle / Toolchange etc.
    As it is my £40 Dell refurb (with actual p,port), WinXP, £7 bob & Mach3 have been faultless for over 3 years on 3 axis.
    Last edited by dazp1976; 19-07-2020 at 11:48 PM.

The UC100 is not a connector converter, it is a motion controller, similar to the UC300/400 that you recommend.

I understand too that it is needed to make Mach3 work on a 64 bit processor. Mach 3 was ok on 32 bit machines but 64 bit machines needed them.
    Or is someone going to tell me different?
    This machine actually does have a parallel port if anyone can tell me how to make it work

Hello John
    I would like to recommend that you get yourself onto the uccnc forum
    http://forum.cncdrive.com/viewforum.php?f=2
    There should be someone there that can help you out and Balasz (uccnc drive) the chap that produces the UC100 is available there.
    Regards
    Andrew

I have registered there Andrew but I do not seem to be getting a confirmation email ( this has happened on a few forums recently)
    Can this be brought to the attention of Admins over there ??

Hi John
    If you can let me have your email( you can pm it) i'll pass it on to them.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by John11668 View Post
    I understand too that it is needed to make Mach3 work on a 64 bit processor. Mach 3 was ok on 32 bit machines but 64 bit machines needed them.
    Or is someone going to tell me different?
    This machine actually does have a parallel port if anyone can tell me how to make it work
    I always thought that the 64bit processor count doesn't matter as it is backward compatible to 32bit. So a 32 bit OS can be installed with no issues. The difference is the ram usage allowance.
    https://www.quora.com/How-does-a-32-...rs-performance

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information