. .
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    My mill is a self build but despite that has worked pretty well as I started to get into cambam.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/13746...ld-Deckel-mill

I did rebuild the control panel , changed a driver and fitted some plugs in the motor cables but the machine has worked OK since that.
    But strange things have just started to happen
    For example the z axis would jog in the positive direction but not in the negative . Restart the computer and it would be ok for a while
    Then home all the axes and z would go in the negative direction when home is positive . Restart and repeat and now Z actual motion would stop at the switch but the DRO continued as if the computer didnt recognise this had happened.

I ran a program that operated OK last week and the Y motion stopped despite the computer thinking it was continuing, Both Y DRO and the toolpath indicate all is well but Y has stopped at 30 when the display thinks it is at 50 . It traverses back properly though but of course goes back beyon Y 0 so it hits the limit

I have rechecked all the wiring and the green plug connectors at the drivers and all seems OK
    But it looks like what is happening on the screen is not happening at the motors . I tried increasing motor currents (thinking it might be missing steps ) but other than making the motors run hotter this has made no significant difference.
    I have a 64 bit processor, so output is through a UC100 controller . All the drivers are showing green lights but seeming to please themselves whether to mirror what the screen is asking them to do. I am running Mach 3 .

Is it the software ? or the controller?? Bob maybe ???
    Could the drivers be shot ? .They are all fairly new , some brand new , but we have to wonder about the quality of the kit..
    Is the cheap chinese stuff a load of cr@p and what do you get for paying more to a British shop , who in reality must be importing chinese stuff anyway .

Where do others get their Kit, and how would you suggest I go about trying to analyse what the heck is going on here .
    I could really use some help here folks.

Thanks in anticipation

Lives in Lytham St. Annes, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 412. Received thanks 59 times, giving thanks to others 10 times.
    Sounds as if the drivers are not registering all of the step pulses the controller is sending them. What pulse frequency and pulse width are you sending them? You might try to slow down the frequency to give them a chance.

I found that I had to slow the frequency down to 100kHz before the Chinesium stepper drive I was playing with would work consistently. Apparently that is about right for many of these things. The fact it used to work but now sort of doesn't suggests that you were marginal to be begin with. That might have required only slight changes in things like the wiring, temperature and age of the components to mess things up.

I'd suggest you lower the stepper frequency (in the controller setings) as a first step and see where that gets you.

Will try that then come back and report.
    May not get to it today !

The first question to ask is it a genuine UC100 from CNCdrive motion controls or was it bought from eBay.?

Next, I've seen this happen many times with various controllers, and often it's a corrupted Mach3 XML. Either create a new profile using the same settings or go into the XML backup folder and use an old one that you know worked. Personally I'd set up a new one.

Or better still invest in UCCNC as it's now much better than Mach3.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    The first question to ask is it a genuine UC100 from CNCdrive motion controls or was it bought from eBay.?

Next, I've seen this happen many times with various controllers, and often it's a corrupted Mach3 XML. Either create a new profile using the same settings or go into the XML backup folder and use an old one that you know worked. Personally I'd set up a new one.

Or better still invest in UCCNC as it's now much better than Mach3.
    The UC100 was obtained from CNC4you and I am assured that it is the genuine article .
    I dont have a problem with the £60 or so for a UCCNC licence but slight concern about familiarization with a new bit of software.
    Will I find it easy to convert ?
    Is there a trial option?

I have downloaded and installed UCCNC onto my office machine, win XP pro and looks good.
    So tried to do the same on shop machine with UC100 attached (and Win 8.1) and it wont install,
    Comes up with an error message about unhandled error and refers to a box about Jit debugging which I have to say is a foreign tongue to me .
    Anyone know what to do to get past this problem???

Quote Originally Posted by John11668 View Post
    I have downloaded and installed UCCNC onto my office machine, win XP pro and looks good.
    So tried to do the same on shop machine with UC100 attached (and Win 8.1) and it wont install,
    Comes up with an error message about unhandled error and refers to a box about Jit debugging which I have to say is a foreign tongue to me .
    Anyone know what to do to get past this problem???
    Try installing it as Administrator. "Jit" stands for Just in time debugging.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by John11668 View Post
    The UC100 was obtained from CNC4you and I am assured that it is the genuine article .
    I dont have a problem with the £60 or so for a UCCNC licence but slight concern about familiarization with a new bit of software.
    Will I find it easy to convert ?
    Is there a trial option?
    I moved from Mach3 to UUCNC earlier this year and it is a doddle, the only thing you may need to look at are the Constant Velocity settings. UUCNC is also a lot faster when you need to restart a program part way through taking seconds to restart instead of ages like Mach3. The standard probing functions are great.

I am the Administrator Jaz.
    It is the only account on this machine .
    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling all to no avail. Tried with and without UC100 but throws up the error .
    Yet Happily installs on an XP pro or a Win 10 machine neither with UC100.

Process of editing the registry sounds dangerous to me

...often as part of a Java installation. Try installing/updating from Oracle.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information