My mill is a self build but despite that has worked pretty well as I started to get into cambam.
http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/13746...ld-Deckel-mill

I did rebuild the control panel , changed a driver and fitted some plugs in the motor cables but the machine has worked OK since that.
But strange things have just started to happen
For example the z axis would jog in the positive direction but not in the negative . Restart the computer and it would be ok for a while
Then home all the axes and z would go in the negative direction when home is positive . Restart and repeat and now Z actual motion would stop at the switch but the DRO continued as if the computer didnt recognise this had happened.

I ran a program that operated OK last week and the Y motion stopped despite the computer thinking it was continuing, Both Y DRO and the toolpath indicate all is well but Y has stopped at 30 when the display thinks it is at 50 . It traverses back properly though but of course goes back beyon Y 0 so it hits the limit

I have rechecked all the wiring and the green plug connectors at the drivers and all seems OK
But it looks like what is happening on the screen is not happening at the motors . I tried increasing motor currents (thinking it might be missing steps ) but other than making the motors run hotter this has made no significant difference.
I have a 64 bit processor, so output is through a UC100 controller . All the drivers are showing green lights but seeming to please themselves whether to mirror what the screen is asking them to do. I am running Mach 3 .

Is it the software ? or the controller?? Bob maybe ???
Could the drivers be shot ? .They are all fairly new , some brand new , but we have to wonder about the quality of the kit..
Is the cheap chinese stuff a load of cr@p and what do you get for paying more to a British shop , who in reality must be importing chinese stuff anyway .

Where do others get their Kit, and how would you suggest I go about trying to analyse what the heck is going on here .
I could really use some help here folks.

Thanks in anticipation