. .

Thread: Which kit???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by John11668 View Post
    Right so BoB wont go amiss. Sounds like you are pessimistic about them Daz

So am reporting back with some better news While I was jogging back and forth looking for a pattern I just happened to spot that when a jog failed , the red power light on he KK01 went out so on a failing jog the board power seemed to be dropping out.

I rigged a power supply from a 5v PSU and moved the Jumper , and Hey presto , the problem seems to have gone away.
    Deep sighs of relief followed .

I will still go though the wiring and upgrade the motor cables , also see that the screening is well grounded .

Maybe get some work done now

Thanks to all of you .
    Sounds promising. Can I suggest one thing - take a breath and consolidate your understanding of the problem and that is truly is fixed (I'm about 90% confident from your description), before making too many changes.

Need to understand a few other things too in UCCNC before I will be confident with it , but really only been using it over the weekend . I think I will prefer it to mach3.

One thing is when I change from Mach to UC (and Vice Versa) it "reinstalls the firmware for UC100 ?????

I set the pin numbers for the homing switches on each axis and now it will home , but I never really understand why I can jog through these switch positions . If I hit them in a program it will stop .

There is one helluva manual and It will take me some time to get to know the software . I will play for a day or two before I rehash the wiring.

Is there a reconfigure function in UCCNC I havent found it if there is .

Is there a reconfigure function in UCCNC I havent found it if there is .
    I really don't understand this question - if you mean is there a profile system (so you can load different configurations) then absolutely - create/save profiles and load them from a modified icon which provides the machines name. Details in the manual - and I use this to run two different mills perfectly well (even with a cheeky M9998 to provide relay switching between the motor drives on the two mills).

If you mean can you configure pins/ports etc, I'm sure you're there already if you've got it working - hence my confusion. The only annoying thing for me is the constant Apply/Save mantra to not lose settings - but from memory Mach was a bit like that - at least on the motor tuning pages.

I set the pin numbers for the homing switches on each axis and now it will home , but I never really understand why I can jog through these switch positions . If I hit them in a program it will stop .
    Have you got "Enable Soft Limits" turned of (Configuration - General Settings) if so that may be why you can jog through the home positions?

You will also need to define the Soft Limits in the Axis Setup menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    I really don't understand this question - if you mean is there a profile system (so you can load different configurations) then absolutely - create/save profiles and load them from a modified icon which provides the machines name. Details in the manual - and I use this to run two different mills perfectly well (even with a cheeky M9998 to provide relay switching between the motor drives on the two mills).

If you mean can you configure pins/ports etc, I'm sure you're there already if you've got it working - hence my confusion. The only annoying thing for me is the constant Apply/Save mantra to not lose settings - but from memory Mach was a bit like that - at least on the motor tuning pages.
    Sorry Doddy
    Brain in neutral (It was late 0)
    I should have said "regenerate "

Quote Originally Posted by ngwagwa View Post
    Have you got "Enable Soft Limits" turned of (Configuration - General Settings) if so that may be why you can jog through the home positions?

You will also need to define the Soft Limits in the Axis Setup menu.
    Just to report that changing the BoB to a PSU supply seems to have restored proper function so moving on:-
    I have enabled soft limits and set what I thought were sensible ones but things dont seem quite intuitive particularly on Y axis but I think a new thread is callled for

Sorry Doddy
    Brain in neutral (It was late 0)
    I should have said "regenerate "
    So is there no Regenerate function in UCCNC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information