. .
    Gpproperty you tried to PM me the other day asking for help but I couldn't return the PM because you are new to the forum or you have PM turned off. I did send you an email using the Forum email link but maybe it's not got through. So here's my email drop me a message here and I'll reply with my contact details.

[email protected]

Cheers
    Dean
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

bump

or guess you don't really need help.!

Hi Dean
    I could do with a bit help now you are asking lol.
    I have just started experimenting with 3d parts and designs but when i start cut after setting my x y and z ok, the cut on the z axis starts to get deeper when job is running.My bed is flat and level just to check but when I stop program running and check my Z axis it is way out and when i zero it again and start job again, over time the same thing happens.

Billy

Could be the tool is loose in the collet and getting pulled into the job. Been there done that although often breaks the tool.

Could be the gcode is calling for Z drops for some reason so manually check the code (or post here if not too long)

Could be electrical with loose wire or interference. Do an air cut away from the part without the spindle running and watch what it does. Ask if you don’t know how to do that.

For etiquette usually a fresh post is required although the original requestor has not replied so maybe carry on !
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Hi There
    Tool is tight in collet so I have ruled that out, this is happening everytime I have tried a project be it a photo vcarve or other 3d job. It was Dean who built the machine so thought he might know haha.
    Gcode calling for z drops? Not sure how to check code for that sorry.
    Cheers

If Dean built it then machine will be OK. No harm trying the air cut without spindle running to be sure. Please try that by moving the spindle off to one side away from the part, zero the x and y and run the code ( if using M commands to start the spindle in the code this will have to be commented out or you may be able to run without the VFD switched on).

If this runs fine then you have some interference.

If this has the same problem then read on.

As this happens on 3D jobs then I’m leaning towards the gcode or software setup. Is there a short bit of code you can post here and we can see if there are calls for z height changes in odd places. Or more likely perhaps there is something in the settings. Unlikely but perhaps the Z acceleration is high, so note the value now and try lower accels on Z. Also try lower feed rates using feedrate override.

Just trying to get some more clues really and hopefully Dean will be along shortly as I’m sure it would already have safe settings so we can get past that part.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by Bopper1968 View Post
    Hi There
    Tool is tight in collet so I have ruled that out, this is happening everytime I have tried a project be it a photo vcarve or other 3d job. It was Dean who built the machine so thought he might know haha.
    Gcode calling for z drops? Not sure how to check code for that sorry.
    Cheers
    Well I was about to say if it's not a mechanical issue then it could be a step edge issue but if it's one my machines and no one else as messed with settings in the control software then it won't be that as we check every machine for this by doing a bounce test.!

If you want to check this then it's very easy. Zero the Z axis and put a reference mark on it so can check it comes back to zero. Next write some gcode with a few 100 short moves, something like this:

G0 z-10
    z-5
    z-10
    z-5
    z-10
    copy and paste untill got 200+ lines
    ending with
    z0
    m30

If all correct then it should come back to the Reference mark. If not then go into Ports n pins / Motor outputs and change the Step Low active to the opposite of what's it's set at now. So if Ticked make it a X.
    Then Zero and mark again and run code again, this time it should come back to mark.

But before doing all this check for loose pulleys or belts as often it's a mechanical issue which causes it.

Which machine is it.? I don't remember selling one to anyone called Billy.?

Will Try that Dean.
    I got it from Richard and you have helped me a few times. I will be on the look out for a larger machine as discussed with you 3 months ago.
    Cheers
    Billy

Will Try that Dean.
    I got it from Richard and you have helped me a few times.
    Got you now Billy, should have twigged to be honest but the Bathgate on your location thru me a little.

Give that a try because you changed the PC didn't you.? Can't remember if you did a fresh install of Mach3 or not.?

But check the pulleys first as these could have come loose and be slipping or worn even, the machine is nearly 4 yr old now and I bet they haven't been checked or adjusted since it was built.?

I will be on the look out for a larger machine as discussed with you 3 months ago.
    Cheers
    Billy
    I've just recieved shipment of components for second batch of small and medium sized Routers we are selling/building and among them are parts for 2 x 8x4 machines so when ready I'll give you a shout, unless someone snaps them up before we get chance to build them.!

Thread Information