. .

Thread: New Member

Hi all, i am Paul also know as Desmo, my daytime job is as a Senior Design Engineer for an Aviation company. i have a Gerber Dimension 200, looking for help and advice in upgrading to MACH4, so if any of you have already accomplished this task i would love to know how you achieved it.
    I want to get the machine ready for my retirement in the next few years.
    Thanks for reading, if i can help any of you with CAD design or getting some machining done let me know.

Regards Desmo
    Last edited by DESMO; 28-07-2020 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DESMO View Post
    Hi all, i am Paul also know as Desmo, my daytime job is as a Senior Design Engineer for an Aviation company. i have a Gerber Dimension 200, looking for help and advice in upgrading to MACK4, so if any of you have already accomplished this task i would love to know how you achieved it.
    Thanks for reading, if i can help any of you with CAD design or getting some machining done let me know.

Regards Desmo
    Do you mean Mach4 or is MACK4 specific to the Gerber machines.? If you mean Mach4 then my advice is don't bother as it's full of bugs and not very user friendly. Going with UCCNC and UC300 controller would be a much better solution as it's much more stable with good support.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Never used Mach4 but glad I moved from Mach3 to UCCNC. Much better.

Quote Originally Posted by DESMO View Post
    Hi all, i am Paul also know as Desmo, my daytime job is as a Senior Design Engineer for an Aviation company. i have a Gerber Dimension 200, looking for help and advice in upgrading to MACK4, so if any of you have already accomplished this task i would love to know how you achieved it.

Regards Desmo
    Hi!
    Great plan for retirement!
    Do what you like and enjoy it!
    Pintuu

Thanks for the advice, i can see i need to do so more home work.

Thanks for the advice regarding the software UCCNC, i would like to upgrade my machine, I understand that you are a machine builder, would it be to much to ask if you could recommend the parts required to upgrade my machine?

Regards

Desmo

Thread Information