. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Often VFD's provide an output Relay which you can use to turn on the water pump when spindle starts or have it turn on another relay which starts water pump and Vacuum when spindle starts. Better than having a pump running all the time VFD is on but spindle not spinning.

You will probably have to change a parameter in the VFD because often the relay is set to activate when a fault happens but can be set to turn on when start command is given.
    Thanks, I might look at that. My main point was to show that you can get away without lots of outputs on your controller since that is the subject of this thread.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Thanks, I might look at that. My main point was to show that you can get away without lots of outputs on your controller since that is the subject of this thread.
    Ok and in the spirit of "One-Up-man-ship", I can top that and say my machine doesn't use any Outputs as it's got a "Carbon-based pointing device operating system" ie: my finger which starts the spindle...
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information