Just an update on how things are going and lessons learnt.
Working on y axis at the moment as all my 15mm aluminium has arrived. I will post some pictures later today.
Lesson learnt
1. Don't buy cheap machine taps as how ever carfull you are they will snap off in hole in my case the first hole. I have tapped hundreds of holes by hand. Never broken a tap first try with cordless drill with clutch set to low and tap broke level with surface of aluminium.
Will try today to remove it. Any ideas I can try.
2. When planning z axis do not forget that hanging below the z axis is the bottom of your spindle motor and your cutting tool. This will further reduce z axis clearance. Don't ask how I know but it caused a problem till a little bit of lateral thinking go it sorted.
3. No matter how long you plan to take with your build. It will take longer than you think if you get it done right.
4. measure lots of times then think about it and then measure again before picking up the center punch.
5. Remember you will have a left and right side so take care you don't mark out 2 parts for the same side. Just remembered before I used the center punch.
6. Plan a budget then increase that budget by at least 50% and you might be somewhere close.
7. Taking very slow steps and walk away after each piece for a few minutes before starting the next one. This will allow you to get the new piece sorted in your head before you start it.
8. Don't rush it as this only results in failure and more pressure on your self go slow and enjoy it. There is always tomorrow hopefully.
9. Plan lots of time to clean up and put tools where you can find them. You will gets lots of swarf more than you can imagine. It will get everywhere and trying to find bits in it is not fun. Also make sure you are swarf free before going into the house. Unless you like a very unhappy partner.
More to come later today
Albert