. .
    Can anybody help me to add a post processor to Fusion 360.
    I am using a MacBook for Fusion which works fine. I have downloaded the linuxcnc turning.cps from autodesk onto a folder on my desktop but I am lost when it comes to actually using or adding the processor. I have the option of personal posts or generic posts but opening the drop down box for personal posts tells me I don't have any.
    I am definitely missing a step somewhere.
    Any help for a thicko would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I've not done it for a while, but IIRC you have to copy the post processor to the specific directory for F360 to detect it.

If you know the name of an existing processor, try searching your hard drive to find where it's located.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

A quick Google search for how to add a personal PP should turn up the answer. That's what I did when I added one for my ET6. However, I run F360 on Windows so the actual file/folder names are different (even if I could remember...)

At least if you add a PP to the system you can still use it when F360 updates itself - it always looks in the same place. I've added custom threads to my copy and every time it updates, it moves the folder with the thread definitions and loses the files I've added. I must look for a proper fix for that one.

Look at https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusio...c/td-p/5762926

Example

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 08.37.15.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	28724

In case you have problems accessing the Autodesk page, it answers the question "Where are the CPS files located on a Mac?", with "I would recommend using the personal post location /Users/<user id>/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/Posts . This way IF they move the default folder you won’t have to search for where they move. Also if you’re using a modified post with the same name of a stock post it won’t get over written." - That advice attributed to a "Jeff Walters, Senior Support Engineer, CAM"

Thanks very much for the help. I'll have another go tonight.
    Dave

Thread Information