. .
    Hello folks, I am a newby looking for a cnc builder. I found this site when looking for machines. As I am completely new to this would appreciate any advice. I only want a smallish machine 900 x 600 or 600 x 400 cutting area size would do at a push. On the page I found I read someone called Dean does custom builds - or if anyone else does custom builds could you get in touch? I wish to cut 20mm mdf, perspex and maybe sheet aluminium. I have a uv printer and would like to cut my own shapes - only simple shapes but many of the laser cutters I have seen don't cut that deeply. My budget is not fantastic - what price am I looking at realistically?

thank you so much for your help
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by annamarie123 View Post
    Hello folks, I am a newby looking for a cnc builder. I found this site when looking for machines. As I am completely new to this would appreciate any advice. I only want a smallish machine 900 x 600 or 600 x 400 cutting area size would do at a push. On the page I found I read someone called Dean does custom builds - or if anyone else does custom builds could you get in touch? I wish to cut 20mm mdf, perspex and maybe sheet aluminium. I have a uv printer and would like to cut my own shapes - only simple shapes but many of the laser cutters I have seen don't cut that deeply. My budget is not fantastic - what price am I looking at realistically?

thank you so much for your help
    Anna

Hi. Dean is Jazzcnc on this forum. He dose a lot of custom builds. So will probably see this and comment.

You don't need to triple post on the forum. Give him time to respond.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

hi many apologies Clive, just a bit excited to find a useful forum! I will try and hold back in future lol.

And as if by Magic.!! ... or as some would say "Like a bad penny" I turn up..

How can I help.?
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    And as if by Magic.!! ... or as some would say "Like a bad penny" I turn up..

How can I help.?
    Hello Dean, many thanks for your reply. I have been looking on the internet at cnc routers around the £2-3k mark, they all looked amazing to me until I came here and read some of the comments about them! I lack the skill to build a machine of my own and I wondered if we could discuss a custom build (I am aware they cost more lol). I am only in derbyshire so not too far from you (I think you are in Yorkshire?). I am not sure how I pm you on here so if you could pm me with a phone number perhaps - whatever is best for you.
    kind regards Anna

I think once you hit 10 posts, Anna, you can then pm. You're well on the way to ten :)

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    I think once you hit 10 posts, Anna, you can then pm. You're well on the way to ten :)
    Sorted Doddy we have made contact.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information