. .

Thread: Boxford TCL 125

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Lives in bris, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19-09-2022 Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 21. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by depronman View Post
    I am using linuxcnc on an Orac lathe. Using two parallel ports one on motherboard and a pci card running an encoder limit switches and a number of control panel buttons. Cycle start stop pause etc. It’s been rock solid since I set it up after the conversion some 8 months ago
    I’ve used mach3 but linuxcnc is just sooooo much better
    Gmaccopy is a major improvement over axis as a screen interface. All I can say is it just works where as Mach3 would and still does on my other cnc lathe have its moments
    I would go to linuxcnc on that one as well but I invested in a pokeys motion controller and don’t want to bin that so mach3 will love on for the time being

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question
    When i looked into linuxcnc, it said once installed do not update the linux distro.
    Is that still the same today or have they found a way to allow update of the linux, was thinking about caelinux as its geared towards cad etc, can linux cnc be added to cae at all

I have updated linuxcnc to the latest development version without issue

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May look at linux , but that will be down the linea bit for me . Will probably start with Mach 3
    Need to establish what is preventing these traverses from traversing.
    Off now to try and trace these interlock wires , Now where did I leave those sidecutters?

Have traced the interlock wiring and tested . All seems fine
    Tries the rotary feed controller in all position - no difference

Am I right in thinking that if interlocks were not in there proper positions then spindle would not be expected to start (which it does , forward and reverse and speed variation on both) so relay and lenze controller seem sound .
    Will go and inspect the upper board with the stepper drivers .
    Last edited by John11668; 10-09-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Pics of boards
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200910_190740_resized.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	28820

Name:	20200910_190759_resized.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	28821

Some dubius looking repairs on the upper one ???

Any thoughts anyone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200910_190740_resized.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	247.7 KB 
ID:	28822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200910_190759_resized.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	28823  

Hi folks .
    I have found and downloaded a manual for TCL 160 which includes both mechanical and electrical info and would appear to be virtually identical in the main to 125 and seems to be pretty comprehensive WRT elementary faultfinding.

I will go and have a read.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by John11668 View Post
    Hi folks .
    I have found and downloaded a manual for TCL 160 which includes both mechanical and electrical info and would appear to be virtually identical in the main to 125 and seems to be pretty comprehensive WRT elementary faultfinding.

I will go and have a read.
    Would you mind putting a link to it if you can.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I will send you a pm Clive.

Site is here , https://www.machinemanuals.co.uk/manual.php?p=204 . Their £12 is a bit better than lathes.co.uk at £65

Looks pretty comprehensive and I wonder if they may be infringing copyright by selling it anyway.
    Not sure about the legallity of buying a copy then posting on a forum ??????

Not averse to doing so as long as I know they cant touch you for it.
    Last edited by John11668; 11-09-2020 at 03:41 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to John11668 For This Useful Post:

Lives in bris, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19-09-2022 Has been a member for 3-4 years. Has a total post count of 21. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Here's the dimensions of the Z Axis actuator rod.
    Forgive the look of it as I'm not good with paint programs. the rod is a 10MM dia bar. The 2 missing dimensions on one pic take from another as for some reason my paint program decided not to allow me to put text on anymore

Name:	34.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	28826

Name:	66.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	28827

Name:	22.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	28828

Thanks for that Inee and to all that have helped me with this thank you too .
    Manual doesnt help a lot , but I feel that interlocks and and spindle controls seem OK
    Voltages at transformer seem good and seem OK at the board connectors, and all LEDs light up , but I wonder if I can follow supplies across the board.
    Any suggestions on best way??

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information