. .

Thread: Cncst4060

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by petesos View Post
    Hooraaaaaay this poxy chinky spindle has finally started up and spinning and the problem was in the wiring now its running in reverse but that just needs a wire swapping over i am sure ?????? .

But now to swap the wires to get it running the right way .......any ideas please

What is the best speed to run this spindle at
    Swap any two of the UVW leads to reverse the spindle.

Thanks for reporting back - it's useful for anyone with similar problems.

Speed?, that's the next learning curve for you - depends on cutter size, flutes, material you're cutting, feed rate etc.

They are notorious for being poor performers under 8k rpm.

One last thing was bugging me - is this a water cooled spindle or air cooled?

EDIT: Changed YUV to UVW - apologies - my job involves video systems and YUV was a Freudian slip of the tongue.
    Last edited by Doddy; 16-09-2020 at 07:44 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    8 seconds is about the right amount of time to accelrate to 400hz. So if it's not working with 16s then it will only get worse.
    What's causing it I've no idea and I can't read that manual very well because the pictures are crap.!
    Ah, right, my ignorance. I think my settings spin up in about 1/2 that on the Chinese spindle, less on the servo - probably silly amount of energy being hit into the respective motors - I might look to reduce that. 2 or 3 seconds isn't ever going to save the world but it's likely to improve the life of the VFD.

The photos were a struggle. But not as much as the poor manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Swap any two of the UVW leads to reverse the spindle.

Thanks for reporting back - it's useful for anyone with similar problems.

Speed?, that's the next learning curve for you - depends on cutter size, flutes, material you're cutting, feed rate etc.

They are notorious for being poor performers under 8k rpm.

One last thing was bugging me - is this a water cooled spindle or air cooled?

EDIT: Changed YUV to UVW - apologies - my job involves video systems and YUV was a Freudian slip of the tongue.
    Hi Doddy
    It is a water cooled spindle 1.5kw.
    I only get freudian after a load of JD

Thank you Doddy for staying with this to help us and if you ever need any eurothane block or sheet let me know

Nice one Doddy! Make sure you have your Diff Phase corrected and Pic:Sync ratio at 70/30 before going to air!

Run VT!
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Evening All
    Well i have completed the first part of this upgrade on this chinky machine 6040 and as you can tell had a few problems on the way to get to this point but all sorted now due to the help given on this site , Thank you Doddy for sticking with my problem .

Now on with my upgrade and for anyone buying one of these chinky machines and paying a fraction of the price of a good well built machine should understand in my opinion that the build quality and materials they use to make them is not of the best quality in some cases ( don't shoot me its just my opinion as i have had 3 of them now and the first one was a good few years ago and the quality has not got any better in this new recent one }

But on saying that they are great for getting you started but i do think they need bumping up a bit in certain areas, This 6040 is not a bad machine for the money but i found that the X axis was a bit weak and holding the spindle you can move it slightly back and forth not due to wear but due to flexing of the materials , so my upgrade was to sort out the flexing as i will want to carve sand stone in the very near future with this machine so i purchased from Amazon a MGN12H Linear rail to give the X axis a bit of strength and to stop the flexing, and as you can see from the photos it fits in snugly on the back of the axis and am very happy to say it works just as i hoped it would work ,.

This little upgrade has cost me 35 quid and a bit of my time and i am sure a little something else will eventually go wrong or break or wear out but that is the nature of the beast but the point i want to make is it is only up to yourself how far you want to go with these machines they are never going to earn you a fortune and never break down but with a bit of cash and a bit of time you can make a half decent machine that does work well .
    PeteClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201019_163842.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	29012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201019_163905.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	29013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201019_182500.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	29014

Good feedback Pete, and an interesting approach to a problem that you recognised. Don't think of it as money spent, but as understanding gained. Soon have you building your own machine.

Mike

Good feedback Pete, and an interesting approach to a problem that you recognised. Don't think of it as money spent, but as understanding gained. Soon have you building your own machine.

Mike

You never know bud

Had a similar 4060 machine which also would not run the spindle, ended up buying a seperate VFD and used it manually.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information