. .

Thread: Cncst4060

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Have traced the 2 wires from the rocker switch to the vfd
    Red wire goes into vfd UX1
    Black wire goes into GND on vfd

Black wire goes into GND on vfdClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200904_155707.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	28797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200904_155737.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	304.7 KB 
ID:	28798

Oh. Interesting, and an unambitious design there. That means that the front panel VFD switch is essentially your Spin-Forward On/Off control. There's a couple of options to extend the use of that, however, the job at the moment is to get the spindle turning.

Mach3 was set to use OUTPUT#1, but we now know that is irrelevant for the wiring that you describe.

The above assumes that function parameter F001 is set to 1. (You've not confirmed this yet)

So, you should know how to turn the spindle on/off.... albeit at zero speed. Can you confirm any visual difference on the VFD display with the VFD switch On and Off - I would expect the "Run" LED to illuminate when switch = On, and extinguish when "Off".

Now, spindle speed control. This assumes F002 = 1, also. (You've not confirmed this yet)
    If you do confirm its set to 1, then changing to 3 should, according to the manual, give you speed control through the built-in pot. Try that and report back.

If you want spindle speed control through Mach3 - I'm keen to know if you have a DMM and are comfortable using it. Simply - I'd rather see the behaviour of the board rather than the spindle (just removes a potential source of confusion). If I said that I'd like you to measure the output to the AI1 input, wrt ground, are you happy to do so?, and similarly from P12 to ground? (all references are to the VFD).

Where I'm going with this is to verify that, for different spindle demands you can get an analogue voltage out of the board to the VFD. If that doesn't work then no amount of smacking the VFD is going to work. But I'd like you to confirm the above before I start writing an essay. Also, screen shot of Mach3 Pulley set-up window.

Quote Originally Posted by petesos View Post
    Black wire goes into GND on vfdClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200904_155707.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	28797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200904_155737.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	304.7 KB 
ID:	28798
    Not sure if this is relevant or not.

Looking at ports and pins outputs they appear to be on port 3 and everything else is on port 1
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

So, you should know how to turn the spindle on/off.... albeit at zero speed. Can you confirm any visual difference on the VFD display with the VFD switch On and Off - I would expect the "Run" LED to illuminate when switch = On, and extinguish when "Off".

YES

Now, spindle speed control. This assumes F002 = 1, also. (You've not confirmed this yet)
    If you do confirm its set to 1, then changing to 3 should, according to the manual, give you speed control through the built-in pot. Try that and report back.

Will do it now bud

Will do it now bud

On the vfd we have changed the setting to F002 But nothing happens and on F001 the e stop came on on the vfd

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200904_180221(1).jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	274.4 KB 
ID:	28799

Quote Originally Posted by petesos View Post
    On the vfd we have changed the setting to F002 But nothing happens and on F001 the e stop came on on the vfd
    I'm reading this as, "On the VFD we've checked the setting of F002 and confirmed that this was set to 1. We've changed this from 1 to 3 and set this, but testing with the VFD switch ON, the potentiometer on the front panel still has no influence on the Spindle"

and I do not understand "and on F001 the e stop came on the vfd" - There is no "e stop" indicator on the VFD, is there? You shouldn't change F001 (I don't believe I suggested that you should). The settings/values are taken from the manual thet I'd linked...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 18.37.18.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	28800

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information