. .

Thread: Cncst4060

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Am trialing this CNCST4060AB3 for a while to see what its like , Not a serious machine like the Kew ,but it may have potential for the job i have in mind , milling urethane bushes with a 6mm single shank cutter. Basically all it needs to do is trim the over pour off and leave the bush flat on top.So hence having a look at this machine but i can not get the water cooled spindle to work , have looked on you tube for this type of box but no joy so here is a photo of it has anyone got one like it and knows how to get the thing to do something please

PeteClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200902_160023(1).jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	28771
    Last edited by petesos; 02-09-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Sorry, Google finds nothing - and i can't see any markings in the photo to identify it.

Cheers Bud
    Still can not get the spindle to move ,,,,,need a drink

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by petesos View Post
    Cheers Bud
    Still can not get the spindle to move ,,,,,need a drink
    Well you need to give a bit more info nobody has a working crystal ball.

What software are you using? etc etc.

How about taking some good pictures of inside the box and how is the spindle connected.

When you say can't get the spindle to move is that in X and Y or do you mean rotate
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Sorry guys
    Am running mach3 the cnc works fine but i can not and dont know how to start the spindle.
    The photo in my first post is all i have . Do i connect it to mach3 to run as it is not as yet . Or do i start it manually so am not really bothered if mach3 works it or i work it manually as long as it spins a cutter.

Really trying to help but there's not a lot to go on here.

Are you able to, or otherwise unable to open the enclosure for the VFD - there's more in that enclosure than just the VFD, but what is very important to the understanding of this is any interconnect from the internal (USB?) BoB and the VFD controller. That tells us if you have a Mach3-able solution or whether it's manual.

The "r00.0" display indicates it's trying to run, but with "zero" frequency of rotation. I'm hoping that you've tried twiddling the knob on the front and that does nothing?, Also the green and red buttons should start/stop - but possibly just alternate between "r00.0" and "0000" (or something). If the green/red buttons are completely non-responsive then this could be indicative of a Mach3 configuration - and all the more reason to open the box and get some photos.

What you're looking for are at least two signal wires from the BoB - for the Spindle On/Off, and the PWM spindle speed, along with likely a 0v/ground wire. If we know them, and where they are connected on the BoB then we can start to home on the Mach3 settings to give you spindle control.

If there's no wires from the BoB to the VFD, and you've tried the green/red/knob controls, then we need to look at the VFD set-up. But without a model number for the VFD we're guessing as to the parameter list, and the mechanism for changing parameter values. Without care you could end up damaging the VFD, spindle, or both.

We will/can help, but only if we can understand your set-up and equipment, without that - as CliveS says, it's crystal-ball territory.

...I shouldn't dwell on this... but what's the red rocker switch, labelled VFD, do?, it's shown off, but the VFD is powered - so it's not a VFD power switch (unless it's borked). That's not been slaved to the VFD "Forward" signal has it?, So if you press the rocker on (1) what does the rotary knob do?

And really stupid question - you got no instructions with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Really trying to help but there's not a lot to go on here.

Are you able to, or otherwise unable to open the enclosure for the VFD - there's more in that enclosure than just the VFD, but what is very important to the understanding of this is any interconnect from the internal (USB?) BoB and the VFD controller. That tells us if you have a Mach3-able solution or whether it's manual.

The "r00.0" display indicates it's trying to run, but with "zero" frequency of rotation. I'm hoping that you've tried twiddling the knob on the front and that does nothing?, Also the green and red buttons should start/stop - but possibly just alternate between "r00.0" and "0000" (or something). If the green/red buttons are completely non-responsive then this could be indicative of a Mach3 configuration - and all the more reason to open the box and get some photos.

What you're looking for are at least two signal wires from the BoB - for the Spindle On/Off, and the PWM spindle speed, along with likely a 0v/ground wire. If we know them, and where they are connected on the BoB then we can start to home on the Mach3 settings to give you spindle control.

If there's no wires from the BoB to the VFD, and you've tried the green/red/knob controls, then we need to look at the VFD set-up. But without a model number for the VFD we're guessing as to the parameter list, and the mechanism for changing parameter values. Without care you could end up damaging the VFD, spindle, or both.

We will/can help, but only if we can understand your set-up and equipment, without that - as CliveS says, it's crystal-ball territory.
    Photos on the way

Here are the photos .
    The red rocker switch is VFD on/off
    green switch pump
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200903_154722.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	329.1 KB 
ID:	28773Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200903_154732.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	28774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200903_154744.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	268.3 KB 
ID:	28775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200903_154829.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	28776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200903_154713.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	28772

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200903_154758.jpg 
Views:	646 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	28777

11. The Following User Says Thank You to petesos For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information