. .

Thread: Cncst4060

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Pete, sorry, this appears to have been a less than ideal introduction to CNC.

A word of caution, particularly buying a spindle separately to a VFD, you will likely need to configure the VFD for the spindle - that's the next hurdle. I could suggest contacting the spindle supplier to ask if they have a suitable ready-configured VFD that is affordable.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Pete, sorry, this appears to have been a less than ideal introduction to CNC.

A word of caution, particularly buying a spindle separately to a VFD, you will likely need to configure the VFD for the spindle - that's the next hurdle. I could suggest contacting the spindle supplier to ask if they have a suitable ready-configured VFD that is affordable.

Just a thought.
    Hi Doddy
    Just seen this ,,,bugger .never mind onwards and upwards.
    Here is a few photos of the VFD that i purchased today , I bought this one as i didn't want to go and spend a load of money on a real good one yet as i would like to see if this set up works first and if it is viable .
    The wire for the spindle was marked from 1 to 4 to start with so i soldered Wire 1 to pin 1 . Wire 2 to pin 2 and so on ( this was on the socket for the spindle.
    And using my tester on the connectivity setting i tested each wire and connected them as follows

I connected the No 1 wire to the V
    No 2 wire to the W
    No 3 wire to the U

Then i pressed run and turned up the speed and at H 16 an error message came up.
    any ideas please

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200914_211848.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	28849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200914_210531.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	28850

Forgot these

...okay...

I'll take a look tomorrow night. Hopefully you're getting no shocks off this - but without configuring the VFD I'm not surprised that you've got errors. Try having a look at the manual (a link would be useful if available online - VFDs are all different). Try not running it until we have the VFD configured,.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

Did you set the VFD parameters to match your spindle ie: Voltage, current, freq, etc. If not this could be your problem as the defaults may not match your spindle.
    I don't know this VFD and don't have a manual to see the fault codes but the usual suspects for fault codes on startup or slowdown is too fast Acceleration or deacceleration settings.

If you have them set to accelerate too quickly and you call for a high RPM then the VFD try's to get to speed in the set time by dumping high amounts of current into the spindle and this trips a Fault because it pushes higher than the set parameter. Likewise if you haven't setup the VFD parameters and it's on the default which is often set low the same will happen.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Also the poles the poles 2 or 4, Just a thought. Need the manual
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Thanks all
    Will photo the manuals

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200914_222436.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	28851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200914_222450.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	274.2 KB 
ID:	28852

Sorry guys got an early 4.00 am start tomorrow need to get a bit of kip

Quote Originally Posted by petesos View Post
    Then i pressed run and turned up the speed and at H 16 an error message came up.
    any ideas please
    ...So the H016 is some indication of speed (Hz?) - what was the error code?

Also... did the spindle start to spin?, or at least grumble a bit?

...and have you seen this post...

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/12842...eters-Settings

...I've not reviewed it in detail - but superficially it looks good.
    Last edited by Doddy; 15-09-2020 at 06:57 AM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information