. .

Thread: Cncst4060

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by petesos View Post

Thanks for this - more and more of what you're showing is the Mach3 is fully / correctly configured (albeit with the manual spindle control, and some conflict on outputs that are not otherwise used) - so I'm reluctant to start suggesting Mach3 setting changes.

ok (this is petes wife as he has gone to cool down and pour a big drink) i have just been going through the settings on the box and this is what i have found fingers crossed you can find something wrong here ,,,,,,, F000 is 0 ,, F001 is 1 ,,, F002 was 1 but i then changed to 3 and for the first time the spindle thing was making a noise but then the estop writing came up on the display and it stopped,,,,, THEN coz i didn't know better i press F003 is 50.0hz and F004 is 51.4hz ,,, i stop after that ,,,

3. The Following User Says Thank You to petesos For This Useful Post:

Why is the outputs set to port 3.? I'd expect them to be set to Port 1 like the motor outputs.!
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Jazz - the outputs aren't in use, though - I agree - strange setting, but the M3/M4 relay outputs = OUTPUT1, but that's ignored with the wiring from the VFD 'X1' input (factory default : Run fwd) through the VFD switch to ground - confirmed by OP with the VFD switch switching the Run indicator on/off.

I'm more curious of : configuring the VFD to use the pot (F002 = 3, as factory, rather than original 1 - analogue input) seems to cause the VFD to crap out with an error - at the first time that it's able to present a none-zero demand. At this stage I'm wondering if the VFD has been configured for the spindle, or if there's a fault in the spindle or the wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    I'm more curious of : configuring the VFD to use the pot (F002 = 3, as factory, rather than original 1 - analogue input) seems to cause the VFD to crap out with an error - at the first time that it's able to present a none-zero demand. At this stage I'm wondering if the VFD has been configured for the spindle, or if there's a fault in the spindle or the wiring.
    In that case It needs fixing with a Lump hammer...

Quote Originally Posted by petesos View Post
    ok (this is petes wife as he has gone to cool down and pour a big drink) i have just been going through the settings on the box and this is what i have found fingers crossed you can find something wrong here ,,,,,,, F000 is 0 ,, F001 is 1 ,,, F002 was 1 but i then changed to 3 and for the first time the spindle thing was making a noise but then the estop writing came up on the display and it stopped,,,,, THEN coz i didn't know better i press F003 is 50.0hz and F004 is 51.4hz ,,, i stop after that ,,,
    To be honest, the numbers for F000 through F004 all look good. You can recover the F002 to 1 at any time to change the speed control back from the pot to what should be software control through Mach3.

The problem that I'm thinking, as posted above - up until now the spindle hasn't been driven, by changing F002 to 3 you've removed the software control and put the rotary control into play - and that is as the VFD is configured in the factory - default/standard set-up. Obviously the machine builder configured it differently to be controlled by software - but either/or should be equally valid (they work very much the same way). But whilst the software/Mach3 control system is still a bit unknown to us, by changing to the F002=3, rotary control (pot) we've removed some unknowns, and now the spindle should be under complete manual control. With the VFD switch OFF, and the rotary knob fully anti-clockwise, the spindle should be off. Turn the VFD switch on - the spindle should be "on" but not turning. Rotating the knob clockwise slowly would be expected to result in the spindle spinning faster and faster. What I think OP is saying is that, either with the VFD switch ON, or at least ON and with the knob rotated away from the zero position, that the VFD displays a fault?

If the above is accurate, this moves the investigation away from any Mach3 set-up issue (at this time) to the VFD and spindle.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    In that case It needs fixing with a Lump hammer...

Yes, but we need to work out exactly where to hit it!

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Yes, but we need to work out exactly where to hit it!
    I'd start with the BIG black box..

[ F002=3, rotary control (pot) we've removed some unknowns, and now the spindle should be under complete manual control. With the VFD switch OFF, and the rotary knob fully anti-clockwise, the spindle should be off. Turn the VFD switch on - the spindle should be "on" but not turning. Rotating the knob clockwise slowly would be expected to result in the spindle spinning faster and faster.

this is still Louse (Petes wife) All this you have wrote (copied above i hope) is doing as you say EXCEPT the spindle makes the noise of spinning but does not spin and when you turn it up to run faster the estop display comes on the box and stops it all

Thanks - that makes sense (although clearly not what we want). My problem is that you earlier said e-stop, where the manual (if applicable - and that's by no means certain) only indicates the following messages on the 4-digit display...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 20.27.07.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	248.8 KB 
ID:	28801

...and...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 20.27.20.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	216.0 KB 
ID:	28802

Is it possible that the display indicates one of these (left column) rather than "e-stop"?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information