. .

Thread: New member

Hello fellow CNCers,

I am only a couple of months into the world of CNC. I currently own a Chinese 3018 Pro-metal. This was bought as a starter machine and I already have plans running through my head to build a bigger, more capable machine machine. Possibly bassed on the openbuilds system.

I have been 3d printing for about 4 years and thought that this would be a nice tangent to add to that. Heck of a new learning curve though, lol.

Regards, Hipsta

Quote Originally Posted by Hipsta View Post
    Hello fellow CNCers,

I am only a couple of months into the world of CNC. I currently own a Chinese 3018 Pro-metal. This was bought as a starter machine and I already have plans running through my head to build a bigger, more capable machine machine. Possibly bassed on the openbuilds system.
    Welcome to the forum,

I'm going to give you some advice that one way or the other in months or years to come you'll either say "Thank god I listened to Jazz" or " I wished I'd listened to Jazz" but what you won't ever say is "Thank god I didn't listen to Jazz".???? . . . . . DONT GO WITH A OPEN BUILD MACHINE.!! . . . If you want a bigger more capable machine.

The design is weak and rubbish, it will just frustrate you as you constantly chase problems. If you want a proper machine then check out all the build threads on here and look at building your own using the methods many here have done. It will cost more but it will pay back more long term and give far better reliability and more importantly rewarding pleasure.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Welcome to the forum,

I'm going to give you some advice that one way or the other in months or years to come you'll either say "Thank god I listened to Jazz" or " I wished I'd listened to Jazz" but what you won't ever say is "Thank god I didn't listen to Jazz".???? . . . . . DONT GO WITH A OPEN BUILD MACHINE.!! . . . If you want a bigger more capable machine.

The design is weak and rubbish, it will just frustrate you as you constantly chase problems. If you want a proper machine then check out all the build threads on here and look at building your own using the methods many here have done. It will cost more but it will pay back more long term and give far better reliability and more importantly rewarding pleasure.
    Hey Jazz,

Thanks for the welcome and advice. I will certainly look around here for some sound builds. As well as being new to CNC, I'm also new to this forum (only joined yesterday).

I'm not set on the openbuilds, it's just the first that I've come across that isn't just a YT vid that shows some/most of what's involved.

I'm also in the process of building a 3D printer from scratch and learned from that, that I should do more research, especially before making a purchase!

Regards, Hipsta

P.S. love your tag line

Quote Originally Posted by Hipsta View Post
    P.S. love your tag line
    It was actually a comment from another Forum member, Boyan in reply to someone and I liked it so much I knicked it...Lol
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thread Information