. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Greetings!

I am new to the forum and want to introduce myself.
    For my work i am a contract design engineer / draughtsman and self employed working for various engineering, architectural, structural and design companies providing CAD design services.
    My career started in the late 80s with a 5 year engineering apprenticeship producing medical and aerospace parts with manual lathes, milling machines and CNC machining centres. We had to program, set and operate all our jobs in them days, so no CAD/CAM software to create the tool paths just a ZEUS book and good Trigonometry knowledge, painful when I think back.
    Anyway my career then moved into the drawing offices (pencil and paper) then onto the CAD software.

Currently I am designing a CNC router for my garage to join my Colchester Bantam lathe, so I shall be needing advise soon (thanks in advance).
    I have extensive knowledge and experience of many CAD/CAE/FEA software packages and love learning new CAD skills (yes I'm a total geek), so if anyone wants any advise regarding CAD then please get in touch, happy to help out!

All the best guys and girls.....speak soon!

Welcome, Filco. Clitheroe, eh?, just down the road (across the valley, up the hill...)

Get a CAD model of your proposal and start a build thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Welcome, Filco. Clitheroe, eh?, just down the road (across the valley, up the hill...)

Get a CAD model of your proposal and start a build thread.

That's my plan Doddy, build thread to follow asap....
    Great to hear from someone local !
    Cheers

We always welcome ‘Elite’ members :-)
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    We always welcome ‘Elite’ members :-)
    Ha, Brilliant !! Well spotted, my first game, 1984 on an Acorn Electron.
    Cheers

Last edited by Doddy; 18-09-2020 at 04:47 PM.

My friend had the BBC Micro and I badly wanted one as well but I got an Electron instead. After a while it broke but luckily the price had crashed by then so we got another one for almost nothing. Then I fixed the first one and had 2 ! Happy times . . .
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    My friend had the BBC Micro and I badly wanted one as well but I got an Electron instead. After a while it broke but luckily the price had crashed by then so we got another one for almost nothing. Then I fixed the first one and had 2 ! Happy times . . .
    Yep same here the Electron was more budget friendly to my parents at the time and I so wanted the BBC Micro. I started with the ZX81 then the Speccy and so on...
    Happy times indeed and very exciting !

Lives in Leeds, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-12-2022 Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 116. Received thanks 16 times, giving thanks to others 21 times.
    Welcome Fella! You can honestly think of any random daft question and there will always be someone who will know the perfect answer on here to help, a very useful place if you are unsure and need advice!

Rob

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RobC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RobC View Post
    Welcome Fella! You can honestly think of any random daft question and there will always be someone who will know the perfect answer on here to help, a very useful place if you are unsure and need advice!

Rob
    Welcome Filco. And you can be fairly certain there will be a dozen other people thinking 'I wanted to ask that but didn't want to look daft'.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information