. .
    Hi,
    Everyone I have a home built 6040 router driven by Gecko G540.All was working well until recently , it was working fine then I stopped the machine to move the workpiece ,when I started up mach3 an hour later she would not run. I have checked all connections and all are good.Strange thing when I use direction arrows on laptop it will not move ,when I dial in a figure in any axis in MDI it moves but very very slowly.If I hit go to zero it does so at normal speed and when I connect my pendant it works fine.Do you think my laptop could be the problem it is a few years old but up to now has been fine.Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.Phil

Have you checked the Jog speed.? You haven't accidentally change it have you. Same for the Feed rate override.?

When you say dial in figures in MDI what exactly are you entering.?
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

I thought laptops and Mach3 weren’t the best idea due to their power save features etc. Maybe after a hour something happened ?
    Also have you managed to go into single step mode instead of continuous ?
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    I thought laptops and Mach3 weren’t the best idea due to their power save features etc. Maybe after a hour something happened ?
    Also have you managed to go into single step mode instead of continuous ?
    That mostly for parallel port using a Laptop, if it uses an ethernet connection or USB then there are usually no problems at all provided you turn off any power saving features. But this is true on a desktop just same.

Hi Jazz,
    I just type xy or z and then the value ie, y25 etc will check jog speed etc thanks for you ideas.regards Phil

Thanks to all for input forgot mention I use USB to G540 thru smoothstepper .

Quote Originally Posted by T3pbd View Post
    Hi Jazz,
    I just type xy or z and then the value ie, y25 etc will check jog speed etc thanks for you ideas.regards Phil
    Ok well, then it depends on what Mode the Machine was last used in because some moves are what they call Modal and will stay in effect. So if your last command was a G1 move then it will travel at whatever feed rate was set last, In code, this would look something like G1 x25 Y25 F1000. The F-number being the feed rate you wanted to cut at.
    The Set Feed rate will also show on the Mach screen in the Feedrate section.

Try typing G0 x25 y25 in MDI at it will move at rapid speed which is the Max velocity the machine is tuned to move at. If it's still slow then maybe you do have an issue or the Feed Override is set low, but you would see this on mach's screen with a flashing red light in the override LED.

Thread Information