. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all,

As the title says I am a hobbyist guitar builder based in the North East looking to expand my woodworking into the world of CNC.

I am yet to buy a machine and have been searching the web for a suitable machine but there either doesn't seem to be a lot of smallish yet sturdy machines out there or maybes I aren't looking in the right place?? I don't think Id have either the time nor the electrical savvy to build a machine from scratch but am very open to having a machine built here in the UK as opposed to rolling the dice with something from China.

No doubt I will be posting up various ( probably often asked ) questions in the coming future and hope to get to know you all better through my participation on the forum.

cheers for now

Ben

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeceUK View Post
    Hi all,

As the title says I am a hobbyist guitar builder based in the North East looking to expand my woodworking into the world of CNC.

I am yet to buy a machine and have been searching the web for a suitable machine but there either doesn't seem to be a lot of smallish yet sturdy machines out there or maybes I aren't looking in the right place?? I don't think Id have either the time nor the electrical savvy to build a machine from scratch but am very open to having a machine built here in the UK as opposed to rolling the dice with something from China.

No doubt I will be posting up various ( probably often asked ) questions in the coming future and hope to get to know you all better through my participation on the forum.

cheers for now

Ben
    Welcome to the forum Ben.

There are people on this forum that will build bespoke machines.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Hi Clive,

Thanks for you reply welcoming me to the forum.

Are you able to advise on the forum members who also build machines?

kind regards

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    There are people on this forum that will build bespoke machines.
    Like ME.!!

I'm just in the process of building some routers which I'll be offering for sale in the next few months that may suit your needs.? If not then I can easily build something to suit your exact needs.
    I've built machines for several Luthiers and one of my first designs was done purposely fully for making guitars and Violins so I'm 100% sure I can build what you need if you have the right budget.

I'll PM my numbers.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

If washout joins this thread he may also have some experience to share as he has built his own guitar from a diy CNC machine.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Removed.
    Last edited by Zorbit; 27-09-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Zorbit,
    Do you have a link that let's us see some the instruments you've already made?
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

One I made earlier
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	28892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	230.2 KB 
ID:	28893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC guitar.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	28894   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cocobolo fretboard.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	281.7 KB 
ID:	28895  

Removed.
    Last edited by Zorbit; 27-09-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Not to be a spoil sport but it's not fair to turn this lads post into a Show n Tell, nice as they are he didn't ask to see your stuff.! . . . He asked about machines used for cutting guitars and none of you have shown him any you use or suggested any which would be more useful and in context to his post.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information