. .
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Lives in Carnoustie, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-10-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 28. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    A rotary would be my choice but just having a quick look they are quite steep in price nowadays. Years ago I had a 5hp static and fitted an idler motor to it and it worked great, nice clean (proper) 3 phase.

I will ask around and see if anyone needs a spindle motor/drive that size but I think most of the people I know, like me, require 12kw or more.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    A rotary would be my choice but just having a quick look they are quite steep in price nowadays. Years ago I had a 5hp static and fitted an idler motor to it and it worked great, nice clean (proper) 3 phase.

I will ask around and see if anyone needs a spindle motor/drive that size but I think most of the people I know, like me, require 12kw or more.
    Thanks, appreciated.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Double Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    So SZGH are saying that this spindle setup wont work behind an invertor / filter. Of course, it might, but not surprised as without testing / knowing, they put their hardware and reliability at risk.

So, anyone want to buy a 7.5KW 380 3 Phase Driver, Spindle Servo Motor, cables and braking resistor? The cost to me was $USD 990, plus a bit of tax and sadly the shipment was expensive due to the weight of the motor (60 ish KG). Let me know if interested. Ill possibly stick it up for sale on a few other places too.
    Surely it's only the drive you require not the motor.? this wouldn't cost a fortune to replace. What is the model number of the drive, so I can check it against mine which does supposedly work with single-phase, though I haven't tried it, and will use 3 phase anyway?
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Surely it's only the drive you require not the motor.? this wouldn't cost a fortune to replace. What is the model number of the drive, so I can check it against mine which does supposedly work with single-phase, though I haven't tried it, and will use 3 phase anyway?
    Thanks.

I thought so too, so queried with them, reckon no go as the motor is wired for 380V. I did notice when I connected it they only expose 3 wires, so cant change from high to low voltage.

The drive is SZGH-S4T7P5, the motor is SZGH10-3-48-7.5/11-4-1500.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SZGHSpindleServo.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	315.1 KB 
ID:	29505

Thanks

Lives in Carnoustie, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-10-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 28. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Would you get a single phase drive for a motor that size?
    For servo drives 3Kw seems to be about the max for single phase and I would have thought spindle drives would be the same.

For servo drives 3Kw seems to be about the max for single phase and I would have thought spindle drives would be the same.
    Good question. I hope so, otherwise Ill need to make a plan here.

I run my 6.8 KW 24K HSD spindle on single phase with an inverter. Its a 380V version but I know you can specify 220V at that power.

When I asked SZGH Mike told me the drive I have could be run on a single-phase supply but at a de-rated motor output.(approx 20%) Not that it matters because I will be running it on 3 phase anyway.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    When I asked SZGH Mike told me the drive I have could be run on a single-phase supply but at a de-rated motor output.(approx 20%) Not that it matters because I will be running it on 3 phase anyway.
    And that was my understanding too. What I did not pick up was that the version I ordered is 380V only. Ive had words with them, I intend to order more stuff - then they quoted on Friday for 220V 3 Phase despite me reminding them I only have single phase.

They suggested they could supply one of the items at cost as a 'sorry' for the issue but then tell me how much more complicated / expensive the 220V version is, so perhaps no discount after all. Lets see, Ill probably hear from Susie in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    And that was my understanding too. What I did not pick up was that the version I ordered is 380V only. Ive had words with them, I intend to order more stuff - then they quoted on Friday for 220V 3 Phase despite me reminding them I only have single phase.

They suggested they could supply one of the items at cost as a 'sorry' for the issue but then tell me how much more complicated / expensive the 220V version is, so perhaps no discount after all. Lets see, Ill probably hear from Susie in the morning.
    You may be lucky, i sent an email to Mike and received this reply:
    Sorry for late replay because we are on Holiday this term as Chinese New Year(6th,February,2021-18th,February,2021).Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family!!! We will feedback to you soon after holiday! Thank you very much for your understand!

Then later he replied, work that one out.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information