. .
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Lives in Carnoustie, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-10-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 28. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Not sure if the forum will accept the manuals and programme or not but will give it a go.
    I have zipped the macro manual, a custom macro manual, the PLC manual (for lathe) and the PLC programme.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Many thanks - I was about to ask for the same thing!

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Thanks for sharing.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Ive got 2 of them. I can try but I'm not sure if that would power the spindle System without causing issues. Keep in mind that the power from the Ecogoo 9000 and 9100 is higher voltage (chopped) to make 380V.
    I'm currently running my complete lathe via a 7.5kw boost inverter, albeit still with the motor from my old rotary phase converter running to provide some base load, and a sine wave filter to ensure no transients make it to the lathe.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'm currently running my complete lathe via a 7.5kw boost inverter, albeit still with the motor from my old rotary phase converter running to provide some base load, and a sine wave filter to ensure no transients make it to the lathe.
    So something like the Ecogoo 7.5KW directly into a lathe? What lathe?

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    So something like the Ecogoo 7.5KW directly into a lathe? What lathe?
    This lathe - http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/13970-New-CNC-lathe-day

My current set up is-
    7.5KW Boost VF -> sine wave filter -> idler motor (the setup may work fine without it, but it does provide a bit surge/buffer capacity) -> 3ph distribution.
    For sine wave filters - https://www.controlpanelproducts.co....o-1200A-CNW933

Due to the workshop being fed via a quite sensitive RCD, I do also have a 7.5KVA isolating transformer feeding the VFD, but you shouldn't need that.

With that setup, the lathe runs fine, although it does dim the lights if I reverse the spindle...
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Carnoustie, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-10-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 28. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Just a heads up, for a tool change macro this is a very handy thing :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2021-02-02_001919.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	29456  

So SZGH are saying that this spindle setup wont work behind an invertor / filter. Of course, it might, but not surprised as without testing / knowing, they put their hardware and reliability at risk.

So, anyone want to buy a 7.5KW 380 3 Phase Driver, Spindle Servo Motor, cables and braking resistor? The cost to me was $USD 990, plus a bit of tax and sadly the shipment was expensive due to the weight of the motor (60 ish KG). Let me know if interested. Ill possibly stick it up for sale on a few other places too.

Shame it is not bigger but sadly too small for me.

Would a rotary not be a cheaper solution? Not sure what input power you need for that drive though, so possibly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Shame it is not bigger but sadly too small for me.

Would a rotary not be a cheaper solution? Not sure what input power you need for that drive though, so possibly not.
    Not sure, but I expect pretty substantial.

I would try running it off my 220V to 380V invertor but its not worth damaging it, so too risky.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information