. .

Thread: New Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cut2dpro is the wrong software if you are wanting to cut using a plasma. It's tool paths are designed for using cutting tools, not a plasma jet which has different requirements, like pierce height, cut height, and several other things.

But in any case, I think you misunderstand the process because you don't add cutting nodes to an SVG or DXF.

The process goes like this.
    Create a DXF file using Either Photoshop or Inkscape then load into a CAM software suitable for plasma, in this case, Sheet Cam.
    Now import the DXF into Sheet Cam and use the lines to create the tool paths, you'll more than likely need to create several layers in sheet Cam using the contours tool to separate different areas like holes, etc as they will need an inside offset, whereas a profile shape will need an outside offset, etc.

If you can't do what I said in the last post then just use Inkscape's trace option on the Photoshop image to get your vectors. Then save as a DXF.
    Now load this into sheet cam to get your tool paths.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Hi Jazzcnc,
    Hopefully I am getting somewhere now!
    I opened cut2d and created a new job, then I imported bitmap image (my png logo)
    used the trace bitmap tool and hey presto I had an image that can be exported as a DXF file which I can then open with Sheet Cam for cutting.
    Thanks very much for your time and knowledge in trying to guide me in the right direction, it's very much appreciated!
    No doubt I will be back again when I start my next project.

Quote Originally Posted by dawahar View Post
    Hi Jazzcnc,
    Hopefully I am getting somewhere now!
    I opened cut2d and created a new job, then I imported bitmap image (my png logo)
    used the trace bitmap tool and hey presto I had an image that can be exported as a DXF file which I can then open with Sheet Cam for cutting.
    Thanks very much for your time and knowledge in trying to guide me in the right direction, it's very much appreciated!
    No doubt I will be back again when I start my next project.
    Your welcome. Pleased you are sorted. It gets easier when you have done it a few 1000 times...lol
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information