. .
    Hi guys,
    My gantry left motor started switching off recently. Long story short after disassembled and checked cables, rotating ballnut and so, narrowed it down to stucked servo motor. Rotates very difficult and is grinding like.
    400w Samsung AC 230v servo. Should I open try to repair, search for a dedicated repair center o just buy another one/ used/. Of course a job is waiting to be done from 2 days ago...

Motor obviously works, I assume switches off from over current and heat.

Whats your opinion?
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Boyan
    Machine is down with customer waiting, fix it yourself should be quickest option, get it off today get bearings Monday if there's an encoder on the back end take that cover off first to ensure it doesn't get damaged if you can't get an exact match for the bearing number get one that is dimentionally the same(obviously) and you can start using the machine again until you can get the correct bearing.
    Regards
    Mike

Disassembled the motor, managed to break the glass disc of the encoder. Oops. Still it was unrepairable, the magnet core was split and broken. I wonder how it worked at all. The bearings were fine. Ordered motor from ebay.

Just as a side note. Ordered a motor from ebay FA PARTS
    Super fast response, listed a separate motor for me and in 4 days was here. Thanks god he still has from the Samsung motors. I wonder, how many motors and machines have they disassembled there in a warehouse...

Only problem I've had buying CNC parts from South Korea (was a set of linear rails and carriages) - the vendor was too damned honest on the customs declaration form and I had to spend half as much again on import duty/taxes/handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Only problem I've had buying CNC parts from South Korea (was a set of linear rails and carriages) - the vendor was too damned honest on the customs declaration form and I had to spend half as much again on import duty/taxes/handling.
    Ouch!!!

My vendor was very honest too...

Thread Information