. .
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    That powers it up, main isolator round he side, you then have to operate the Em stop and then last the blue button before you can do ANYTHING :-)

Bloody he’ll need a degree to power up the bloody thing
    Ya gotta love Boxford
    That will explain why the schools never used the machines they would never figure out how to turn it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well its a good safety feature for them then :-D

I've said this before but it's worth repeating:

Many tears and hours of work can be saved when playing about with new operating systems or any other changes to an existing, working computer by buying a dual bay USB docking station and a spare HD as Clive has suggested. THE VERY FIRST THING YOU DO is use the docking station to make a clone of your currently working drive and put it somewhere safe. Now you can mess about to your heart's content, safe in the knowledge that it's all reversible.

I've used this process several times over the years and the cost is negligible in comparison to the time and anguish it saves.

How often have we all wanted there to be a nice big "UNDO LAST MISTAKE" button in our lives? For computers this is it.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Hi Kitwn

Thank you for a reminder, the first thing i did after getting it was to clone the hard drive :-) so i can relax a bit now

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by BernieNUFC View Post
    Hi Kitwn

Thank you for a reminder, the first thing i did after getting it was to clone the hard drive :-) so i can relax a bit now

Cheers
    You're welcome. Good luck with the project.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Pat yourself on the back you have the pendrive

Ok you have linuxcnc loaded but what you have there is the sim. you have Linuxcnc but the error is showing that the pc might have to be setup by changing some setting in the bios

Now find the wizard and use stepconf to make a real working config.

are you going to use a P/port ?

See my post with the link to stepconf
    OK so I have been otherwise engaged for a day or two but looks like Boris is giving me some time on my hands .
    I have been using Mach and UCCNC with the UC100controller ( I was led to believe it was needed for Mach 3 to run on 64bit machine )
    Is it OK to use it with linux or am I better to use just a straight parallel lead .

I will see if I can get into the the stepconfig stuff but dont be be surprised if I come back screaming for help and looking for someone to hold my hand.

I have been using Mach and UCCNC with the UC100controller ( I was led to believe it was needed for Mach 3 to run on 64bit machine )
    Is it OK to use it with linux or am I better to use just a straight parallel lead .
    I don't know anything about UC100 controller. I don't think it will work with linuxcnc as Lcnc is a controller.

Also you can not use Lcnc to control a machine through the USB port.

So you can use a P/port or a Mesa card or Pico.

Have you got Lcnc up and running and found the stepconf wizard ?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Not yet clive . Just preparing to have a go Will go with the parallel port .
    Let me give it a try and I will come back.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information