. .
    Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Guys
    Has anyone purchased an expanding reamer from rgdtools, if so i am looking for feedback on the quality accuracy of same.
    Don't know why i did it but i purchased a cheap and very nasty item from ebay and it's not fit for purpose so need something a lot better.
    rgdtools item looks reasonable quality but you don't know what you are going to be sent.
    https://www.rdgtools.co.uk/acatalog/...-67966700.html
    Regards
    Mike

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I've had a couple of their smaller ones. They're ok. Certainly not high quality, but they done the jobs I needed them to do.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

What size hole are you looking to do Mike? I have a few of these in different sizes, you'd be welcome to borrow them being just ont' other side of the big hill.

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Trevor
    34mm - it's for my Trek Pilot, removed the headset(way to tight) and when i checked it with inside calipers it was oval, so only need's a tickle(aluminum)

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Hi Trevor
    34mm - it's for my Trek Pilot, removed the headset(way to tight) and when i checked it with inside calipers it was oval, so only need's a tickle(aluminum)
    Just checked the ones I have and none go quite that big - sorry!
    Trevor

No worries Trevor
    I have shifted to plan B/C - B make a mandrel and hand scrape. Have been trying to tidy the shed and came across my delapena hone, when i cleaned the surface rust off it, it has a range of 30mm to 36mm so that's plan C
    Regards
    Mike

Thread Information