. .
    I have a Chinese 6040Z 4 axis machine which I purchased some 4 years ago, and to date I have not managed to understand the Mach 3 programme, so have never used it. Anyway I wanted to fit home limit switches on it first, I was reading the thread on here about fitting and wiring but, the pcb inside my controler does not have any connection point for them, it looks nothing like the ones in the ohotos, there is a hole at the rear of the unit marked probe, but nothing on the pcb lining up with the hole.
    Can anyone help with this issue.
    next question will be is there a free or inexpensive operating programme that is easier to understand than the Mach 3?

First point: Here's a hint - you've described that the PCB is nothing like any other photo of PCBs... so we're as blind to this as you are. Take a good hi-res photo of the PCB and post it here.

Second point: Mach3 - I hate it (mainly for the ye-olde windows experience) but it is fairly straight-forward and there's plenty on here that know it well... better/more than any freely available alternative. I'd stick with Mach3 for now (provided that you have a machine that runs it). There's plenty of tutorials online and if you invest a bit of effort then people here will typically help.

don't know how to post a picture which I haven't got anyway but here is the link for the thread I was reading
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/chine...ing-limit.html

Sorry - as you say, PCBs vary so I'm not going to speculate on an unknown board.

There are quite a few Divas on here but I haven't seen any mystic Meg's yet and we can't afford crystal balls so your going to have to give us clue.!

Mach3 doesn't get any easier to use and to be honest just about every control software out there works the same regards cutting parts. ie: you load G-code, set Zero for each axis then push cycle start.!

Mach3 needs setting up with the correct pins and motor tuning setup before it will work correctly. But this is the same for every other control software and it's just part of setting up the machine and control software.
    If you are struggling with Mach3 then you won't find it any easier using a different software and NONE of them will set your machine up automaticly, even if they say they do, because every machine is different and can be wired in many ways. with the Chinese machines, you have a box of chocolates in that you never know what you going to get, hence why it looks different to all the others.!

Help us help you by giving better info, if not then we can't help it's that simple.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Jazz makes good points here, add to those that if Mach3 was bundled with your machine it is likely a hacked pirate version.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thanks for all your replies
    I
    Last edited by RichardR; 22-10-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardR View Post
    Thanks for all your replies, please no more replies there is no need to talk down to someone that is not as clever as you lot, I have never given up on anything and I will get there without any more help from this forum.
    I
    We are not talking down we are pointing out, in a light-hearted way, that you are not helping by not giving us the information we need to help you. But I can tell you this if you are going to be a snotty snow flake and give Zero info then you'll get very similair replies from just about any forum.

My second post saying I did not know how to post a picture that was requested, was ignored, but still I had snotty replies, I will sort Mach3 out, my initial enquiry was about connecting the home switches up, re the link of the thread I was following, I should have asked on that old thread I may have got a bit more help than you experts are giving, sorry not normally like this but You all latched on to the Mach3 bit and ignored my plkea for help, 1 the pcb and 2 the posting of a picture.
    I rest my case and goodnight

Quote Originally Posted by RichardR View Post
    My second post saying I did not know how to post a picture that was requested, was ignored, but still I had snotty replies, I will sort Mach3 out, my initial enquiry was about connecting the home switches up, re the link of the thread I was following, I should have asked on that old thread I may have got a bit more help than you experts are giving, sorry not normally like this but You all latched on to the Mach3 bit and ignored my plkea for help, 1 the pcb and 2 the posting of a picture.
    I rest my case and goodnight
    First, some of us maybe didn't see the post about the pics, I didn't.!
    Second, you bitched about mach3 being difficult and asking for different control software so why wouldn't we latch onto this as it's a major thing in the running of a CNC machine and like I say no other control software is going to be any easier to set up or use.!

Thirdly and then I rest my case.! . . We didn't ignore your plea for help we just told you we can't help if you don't give us more info. But your right we are experts so if you have any sense you'll put your dummy back in, pick up your teddy and listen to what's been said to you. Because no expert on the planet can help if they haven't got the information required to help.!

Thread Information