. .
    Lives in Mumbai, India. Last Activity: 14-02-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 2.
    Hello all
    Am using an audrino atmega 328 and cnc sheild with 8825 driver for a project.
    Amusing it for the first time.

Facing a problem while using the same, stepper motor nema 17 with this circuit. The motor is shivering and and the 8825 drivers are reaching a high temperature in just sometime.Even the fuse on the cnc sheild had blown.
    Can someone guide what could be the problem.
    Have adjusted the potentiometer as per reference from you tube channel and some site of electronics kit development.

Thanks in advance.
    Mustafa

Quote Originally Posted by Musi View Post
    Hello all
    Am using an audrino atmega 328 and cnc sheild with 8825 driver for a project.
    Amusing it for the first time.
    Hello, Mustafa.

Facing a problem while using the same, stepper motor nema 17 with this circuit. The motor is shivering and and the 8825 drivers are reaching a high temperature in just sometime.Even the fuse on the cnc sheild had blown.
    You might be able to get a bit more assistance on some of the Arduino forums, as this feels to be very much focussed on Arduino based technology. But, whilst were here...

When/how did you blow the fuse?, before or after you adjusted the pot?, and have you replaced the fuse with the correctly sized replacement fuse?, or just bypassed with a bit of wire?

If replaced with a similar fuse - did you blow the second as well?

Can someone guide what could be the problem.
    The fuse blowing is a real indicator here. I'm not familiar with the 8825 driver, though it looks a bit on the light side; what's the specification of the motor? (current/coil). That you've blown the fuse concerns me - it looks like the random CNC shield that I googled (don't know if this is the one you have) protects the supply for up to 4 drivers - I'm inferring from this that, with one driver installed, you're pulling more current than the shield is designed to supply for 4 drivers... I'd be checking the wiring to the stepper, and also whether the stepper motor has a short on one coil (low-resistance measure across each coil and check for resistance commensurate with the motor specification).

Another thing... blowing a fuse is pretty dramatic - I'd check you have no shorts on the terminals to the motor, or even debris on the driver / shield that could be causing the short.

Have adjusted the potentiometer as per reference from you tube channel and some site of electronics kit development.
    With all due respect, you've told us nothing here - give us a link, or description as to what you've done.

Thanks in advance.
    Mustafa
    One issue here is, if you've drawn enough current through the driver to have blown the fuse, I wouldn't bet on the driver still working - you might be flogging the proverbial dead horse here. Have you got a replacement that you can test? (after checking coil resistance and visually checking for short circuits)

Thread Information