. .
    Hi all

Just getting into (or trying to) using my newly made CNC....

Seem to have had or get almost every problem they has been for these things !!!
    But getting to grips with it a lot more now and understanding a lot of the technicalities involved.

I'm looking for help/info on EMI/EMF noise and how best to deal with it, seems to be the VFD connected to the spindle
    I've added a couple of ferrite chokes and a Hi/Lo frequency filter which certainly helped to stop the laptop from losing connectivity
    via the USB port.

My latest problem seems to be Mach3 just hangs midway through a run..... and will not allow me to do anything other than reboot the happy....

ANY info will be greatly appreciated.......

beckle

Hi Beckle,

The Crystal ball is in Lockdown so we need more info from you first before we can really help. You haven't mentioned anything about what you have in the electrical box or how you have wired it.

Pictures of inside the control box and of the machine in general will help massively.

Tell us about the controller your using and the voltages your using. What exactly is the EMF affecting.? E-stop, limits, PC, etc

Do you have the frame grounded.? and have you used Star grounding.?
    Where is the VFD grounded and are you using screened cable also is the Screen grounded and where too.

The more Info and pics you give the easier it will be to find the issue.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Hi

thanks for the reply....

I realised right after the post I should have left more details....

I'll have to post more info after this post as I'm not at home to look it up.

So...

from memory..... 1.5kw water-cooled spindle, with VFD (Chinese I guess, seen lots of them for sale)
    mach3 interface board.... separate driver boards for each axis (2 on Y axis). I think 660 is part of the board number..... vague I know .... sorry.

Mach3 on PC laptop , not sure of version, pc has win 10 32bit installed

PC has 4 port hub into which the cnc in plugged and the MPG wireless dongle and most times a USB stick with the codes on...
    if I plug the cnc directly into the pc it will lose connection immediately and reconnect.... and so on.... when in the hub it keeps connection ok... ???

my main issue is mach3 hanging part way through a job.... not in the same place though.

I'll update with any specific info anyone asks for.....

cheers

Thread Information