. .
    hello,
    I got myself interested in cnc because i've a few things i need routing out as patterns for moulds to be cast from iron for a prodject i'm in the midst of.

The problem was is that it soon became apparent that i would be saving myself a few quid and also be leaving myself in a much better situation if i bought my own softtware, hardware and built myself my own machine

plus the more i've looked into these machines the more i've become obsessed with them to the point that i dont think my life would be worth living if i don't build myself one

so thats the plan anyway

Dan Brown

p.s i'm on a few forums for my other lines of work but the amount of smilies i can choose from below that seem too refer to insanity/crazy/too-much-time-in-a-room-on-yer-own/rollercoaster-head on this one certainly says something

Location unknown. Last Activity: 10-11-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 58. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Hello Dan, welcome

Ivan

Hi Dan

Welcome to the complete madness and addiction of home built CNC!

Andy

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,915. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 773 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    I smell a rat!

or is that you andy ?

Welcome Mr Brown.

que?? you wot??

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Brown View Post
    hello,
    The problem was is that it soon became apparent that i would be saving myself a few quid and also be leaving myself in a much better situation if i bought my own softtware, hardware and built myself my own machine
    Get ready for terminal skintness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Brown View Post
    plus the more i've looked into these machines the more i've become obsessed with them to the point that i dont think my life would be worth living if i don't build myself one

so thats the plan anyway
    Totally agree with that, best thing I've ever done.

Welcome to the forum. Don't forget LOTS OF PICS

Hands up everyone who thinks Lee's avatar looks faintly deviant? :twisted:

Jeff.
    Nothing is foolproof......to a sufficiently talented fool!

Thread Information