. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by clutchslip View Post
    Muzzer your comment about the 'Domestic Manager' reminded me of an older guy I used to work with who used to recount every detail of his exploits to keep his spending beyond the control of 'the Chancellor' back at home.....
    OK guys, I accept this should be a separate thread but a couple of you have mentioned the domestic budget issue...
    Over the last 40 years of mostly happy if not continuous marriage I've adopted the principle that you cannot have two different standards of living in one marriage. Decide how much you can afford to allocate to hobbies per month, divide by two and that's how much you each have to spend. No arguments, no subterfuge, no deceit, no problem. If you cannot see the logic in this then you're living in the wrong century.

Best wishes from The Modern Man
    Last edited by Kitwn; 12-11-2020 at 01:14 PM.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Well I'd agree that's logical - but therein lies the problem. Ideally you wouldn't have two different standards of logic in one marriage....

So far at least my marriage has remained continuous and unbroken for the best part of 30 years, so perhaps we've found a middle way that works.

I bought a Bridgeport a few years ago when we were living in Canada (it followed me back to the UK of course). My wife had to walk past it each day to get through the garage to her car. Finally, after a year or so she asked me when I'd bought it, as if she'd not seen it before. She has absolutely no idea what a machine tool is for or even why anyone would want one.

Quote Originally Posted by depronman View Post
    Bloody hell just noticed you are also in st Anne’s. Small world

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bloody hell indeed. Where are you in St Annes? I'm on Beach Road, overlooking the duck pond.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information