. .
    Can someone possibly assist my ever-failing memory? I'm sure that I read somewhere in the last couple of weeks or so that someone has developed a F360 plugin that is designed to overcome the "rapids at G1 speed" constraint in the new free version. It either rewrites or intercepts and modifies the code so that expected G0 rapid feeds are restored. However, I dip in and out of various forums and I can't remember where I saw that one. Has anyone else seen that?

I'm sure that it would not be too difficult to put together a little standalone application that takes gcode, looks for any G1 moves that happen above a given Z height threshold, and modifies them to G0. But if someone has, in effect, done that already, then I'd rather take that route!

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Can someone possibly assist my ever-failing memory? I'm sure that I read somewhere in the last couple of weeks or so that someone has developed a F360 plugin that is designed to overcome the "rapids at G1 speed" constraint in the new free version. It either rewrites or intercepts and modifies the code so that expected G0 rapid feeds are restored. However, I dip in and out of various forums and I can't remember where I saw that one. Has anyone else seen that?

I'm sure that it would not be too difficult to put together a little standalone application that takes gcode, looks for any G1 moves that happen above a given Z height threshold, and modifies them to G0. But if someone has, in effect, done that already, then I'd rather take that route!
    Was this it https://github.com/TimPaterson/Fusion360-Batch-Post
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

That's great, Clive - many thanks. I'm sure that I saw reference in a forum somewhere as I don't usually browse Github but that's the definitive source, clearly.

I'll give it a try sometime soon but I'm struggling with some issues with my ET6 controller and MyCNC software at the moment. Basic stuff works fine but it all goes a bit wobbly once I try to do anything outside that. I'm not so interested in the toolchange stuff as separate files aren't a big problem for me with purely manual toolchanging but my current job seems to be spending for ever in slow positioning moves as it's not using G0. That's the one I'd like to fix!

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    That's great, Clive - many thanks. I'm sure that I saw reference in a forum somewhere as I don't usually browse Github but that's the definitive source, clearly.

I'll give it a try sometime soon but I'm struggling with some issues with my ET6 controller and MyCNC software at the moment. Basic stuff works fine but it all goes a bit wobbly once I try to do anything outside that. I'm not so interested in the toolchange stuff as separate files aren't a big problem for me with purely manual toolchanging but my current job seems to be spending for ever in slow positioning moves as it's not using G0. That's the one I'd like to fix!
    No prob. It is on this forum as I posted it here under Fusio360 section of the forum

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/14020-Fusion-360-news
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Maybe I should have looked here first...

Thanks again, and apologies for the increasingly-flaky memory

7. Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post

Hello Neale,

I apologize for the late reply - our team checks this forum somewhat sporadically, so we have missed your comment. If it's not too late, we'd be happy to take a look at the issues you're having with myCNC - you can reach out to me directly at ivan [at] pv-automation [dot] com, or at our online technical support forum.
    Puruvesi Automation engineer working on the myCNC project.

Thanks, Ivan. I have been having problems with tool-height setting macros, but I need to analyse exactly where the problems are. I shall do some testing and then post in the tech support forum as suggested. I have also been looking at switching to Linux which I know is the preferred platform for MyCNC rather than Windows so I shall test on Linux (latest version from your website) before I go any further.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Thanks, Ivan. I have been having problems with tool-height setting macros, but I need to analyse exactly where the problems are. I shall do some testing and then post in the tech support forum as suggested. I have also been looking at switching to Linux which I know is the preferred platform for MyCNC rather than Windows so I shall test on Linux (latest version from your website) before I go any further.
    Sounds good Neale.

We do indeed encourage people to use the myCNC software with Linux rather than Windows - let me know if the issues persist there. And as always, if any questions come up with regards to using myCNC on Linux, writing macros, etc, we'd be happy to assist you.
    Puruvesi Automation engineer working on the myCNC project.

Thread Information