. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in digbeth birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15-01-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 12.
    Hi we are in need of an engineer in the west midlands we are based in Digbeth. Our machine is cutting at 2.5 x its size in both y and x axis. If any one could suggest one that would be great thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cpf View Post
    Hi we are in need of an engineer in the west midlands we are based in Digbeth. Our machine is cutting at 2.5 x its size in both y and x axis. If any one could suggest one that would be great thank you
    This might be just a scale problem ie metric, imperial is the software or CAM G20, G21
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in digbeth birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15-01-2021 Has been a member for 1-2 years. Has a total post count of 12.
    I have just checked our G code and it is reading G17. I have changed it to G21 it made no difference so i thought i would try G20 as well just to see what would happen it just ploughed straight down into the board so i quickly cancelled it as i didn't want the machine to get damaged.
    I am starting to think that maybe there is a dodgey connection some where as i am unsure as to why this is happening. We have had the pendant apart to check everything is in tact in there and all is fine.
    Thank you for your advice!

I have just checked our G code and it is reading G17. I have changed it to G21 it made no difference so i thought i would try G20 as well just to see what would happen it just ploughed straight down into the board so i quickly cancelled it as i didn't want the machine to get damaged.
    I am starting to think that maybe there is a dodgey connection some where as i am unsure as to why this is happening. We have had the pendant apart to check everything is in tact in there and all is fine.
    G17 is the XY plane G20 is for imperial and G21 is for metric.

Are you sure that the drawing scale is in mm and not inches ?

In the MDI type G1 X0 F200 then G1 X10 F200 Then check to see if X moved 10mm
    Last edited by Clive S; 30-11-2020 at 05:56 PM.
    ..Clive

This won't be a dodgy connection or bad wire issue. It will 99.99% be a parameter change in the pendant or G-code.
    Lose wires can't change the size of a part or make it move any further than it's been told to move and still have the part come out the correct shape (assuming the part is correct just larger.?)

To be honest It's typical of the kind of issues these DSP style pendants can suffer from and often they just blow their minds (parameters) and never run again. In this case, it's better to just rip them out and install PC based motion controller.
    Often the machine runs better and the PC control software gives far more control and better operator experience.

If you can post the G-code file I will take a look for you and check the code. Just Zip it up and post the file.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    This won't be a dodgy connection or bad wire issue. It will 99.99% be a parameter change in the pendant or G-code.
    Lose wires can't change the size of a part or make it move any further than it's been told to move and still have the part come out the correct shape (assuming the part is correct just larger.?)

To be honest It's typical of the kind of issues these DSP style pendants can suffer from and often they just blow their minds (parameters) and never run again. In this case, it's better to just rip them out and install PC based motion controller.
    Often the machine runs better and the PC control software gives far more control and better operator experience.

If you can post the G-code file I will take a look for you and check the code. Just Zip it up and post the file.
    Hi yes it is running fine just on a much larger scale .We have ordered a new pendant and wire so they are on the way but we have been told before to change to the pc version as it is much easier to use. We are bearing this in mind but think we will wait until the new pendant arrives to test that first. i have inserted the G code below as well

1ft Christmas tree.zip

i have inserted the G code below as well
    It does not look like there is a file in the ZIP
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    It does not look like there is a file in the ZIP
    1ft Christmas tree.zip

Hi i think that should be on there now sorry

I can't see anything wrong with the file apart from not having a G21 at the top

T1M6
    G17 G21
    G0Z20.000
    G0X0.000Y0.000S22000M3
    G0X0.172 Y2.503 Z6.000

As a workaround could you reduce the DXF file in Vcarve with scale .

It is under "transform objects set size". and reduce it with the %
    ..Clive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information