. .
    Hi to all and thanks for your help.

I started to wiring a new controller box with the CSMIO IP-M, and have a doubt with the touch plate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5D3_9379_1024x1024.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	29266

I don't know how to connect correct in the inputs i'm afraid to make something wrong and break the board.

Limit switches are easy, but are isolated in chassis i'm afraid to make the same using a +24V in the touch plate with contact with the bit and chassis of machine and make a short-circuit or something similar.

If anyone can help and say what pins are the correct i very grateful.
    Last edited by cncwoodprojects; 20-12-2020 at 06:06 PM.

It's just the same as a limit.

Run 24V to the Input (+) then run Wire from PSU (0v) to the Crocodile clip and return the wire on the plate back to the Input (-)

Or if you want to do away with the Crocodile clip run a wire from the 0v to the Spindle mount or Chassis if the spindle is not isolated from the chassis. Then it will just complete the circuit through the tool, which is all the Crocodile clip is doing.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    It's just the same as a limit.

Run 24V to the Input (+) then run Wire from PSU (0v) to the Crocodile clip and return the wire on the plate back to the Input (-)

Or if you want to do away with the Crocodile clip run a wire from the 0v to the Spindle mount or Chassis if the spindle is not isolated from the chassis. Then it will just complete the circuit through the tool, which is all the Crocodile clip is doing.

Ok, not's dangerous put 0v (0v its a -24v, no?) in chasis and chasis it's grounded to earth. (sorry i wan't to be 100% clear in my explanation).

With this i finish all control box in a metal box )i made 1 metal ip67 box for VFD and one for control.

Thanks another time jazzcnc

I made this little schematic, sorry but i want to stay 100% secure (sorry maybe i doesn't understand something because I'm not native English speaker).

I want to use the pins 12 and 25 of digital inputs (11+ and 11-).

It's correct put 11+ (+24v) in touch plate and 11- (pin 25) to -24V power suppy? (all - csmio pins are wired manually to -24V )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	probe wiring csmio.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	29278

Yes, that's exactly how to wire it. You won't have any troubles with it, my own IP-S is wired exactly the same.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thanks JazzCNC for your time, tomorrow i finish wiring and test all "on the table" :) (finishing config mach3).

Seriously THANKS

Thread Information